Wednesday, March 18, 2015

WoW Pick of the Week!



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.

Even though I didn't love the way the first book ended and I am pretty nervous about how this one will go, I still really want to read this and come on now, look at that gorgeous over!

How can the cover whore in me resist?

So, did you read the first book? Are you excited for this one or put off on how the first ended?




Release Date: June 2, 2015 (Thomas Nelson/Harper Collins)

Book Description:
"I thrust my hand toward the sky as my voice begs the Elemental inside me to waken and rise. But it's no use. The curse I've spent my entire life abhorring—the thing I trained so hard to control—no longer exists."

Nym has saved Faelen only to discover that Draewulf stole everything she valued. Now he’s destroyed her Elemental storm-summoning ability as well.

When Nym sneaks off with a host of delegates to Bron, Lord Myles offers her the chance for a new kind of power and the whispered hope that it may do more than simply defeat the monster she loathes. But the secrets the Bron people have kept concealed, along with the horrors Draewulf has developed, may require more than simply harnessing a darker ability.

They may require who she is.

Set against the stark metallic backdrop of the Bron kingdom, Nym is faced with the chance to change the future.


Or was that Draewulf’s plan for her all along? 



38 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This series does have gorgeous covers for sure, which helps greatly to lure you in. ;)

      Delete
  2. This cover looks absolutely smashing O.O I love the effects and the play of white and red! Beautiful!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa - gorgeous! And the blurb promised a LOT. I have to read this! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really hoping it lives up to the blurb. :)

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for Siren's Fury! I was taken by surprise how much I enjoyed Storm Siren. And, that ending was hard to take - I need to see what happens, Ali!

    Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ending was a killer. I really hope this lives up to everything I am hoping it will be.

      Delete
  5. This cover was super awesome. I hope you will like it :D

    Cucie @ Cucie reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cover! I hope the book iteself is a great read though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES YES YES! I can't wait to read this book! I loved the first one (despite that awful ending) and the author is one of the nicest person I know! She's a total sweetheart. I hope you grabbed this off of NG!
    Great pick, Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This isn't something I would normally read, but I hope you enjoy it!
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds interesting. I will have to look up the first book. It does have a pretty cool cover. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is just as great on the first book too Natalie. :)

      Delete
  10. OOh Ali, looks good thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, I still need to read the first book. I even have a copy. Both you and Nick enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good and different so it was pretty fun.

      Delete
  12. I am a cover whore right there with you! That cover is fan freaking Tastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's great you're still giving the sequel a chance after the first ending. Hopefully you like it more. Beautiful cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope the ending isn't a killer again!

      Delete
  14. Sounds intriguing...and the cover is so pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read the first, but I can appreciate the nervousness and excitement you feel towards the next release.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh I love that cover! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, the cover is very beautiful, but I just really didn't like book one so will unfortunately have to pass :// But hope you enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love the red and the background on this cover. It sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete