Wednesday, March 4, 2015

WoW Pick of the Week!



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.

I am a huge Ockler fan, I have been since the moment I picked up one of her books and although I didn't care much for her last release, I know this one will live up to the greatness I have come to expect from her.

I love everything about it from the cover to the premises to...everything.




Release Date: June 2, 2015 (Simon Pulse)

Book Description:
The youngest of six talented sisters, Elyse d’Abreau was destined for stardom—until a boating accident took everything from her. Now, the most beautiful singer in Tobago can’t sing. She can’t even speak.

Seeking quiet solitude, Elyse accepts a friend’s invitation to Atargatis Cove. Named for the mythical first mermaid, the Oregon seaside town is everything Elyse’s home in the Caribbean isn’t: An ocean too cold for swimming, parties too tame for singing, and people too polite to pry—except for one.

Christian Kane is a notorious playboy—insolent, arrogant, and completely charming. He’s also the only person in Atargatis Cove who doesn’t treat Elyse like a glass statue. He challenges her to express herself, and he admires the way she treats his younger brother Sebastian, who believes Elyse is the legendary mermaid come to life. 


When Christian needs a first mate for the Cove’s high-stakes Pirate Regatta, Elyse reluctantly stows her fear of the sea and climbs aboard. The ocean isn’t the only thing making waves, though—swept up in Christian’s seductive tide and entranced by the Cove’s charms, Elyse begins to wonder if a life of solitude isn’t what she needs. But changing course again means facing her past. It means finding her inner voice. And scariest of all, it means opening her heart to a boy who’s best known for breaking them . . .



42 comments:

  1. Ohh. I've enjoyed her works in the past. Duly noted!

    I hope you'll enjoy, Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! This one sounds really good :) I'll definitely be checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! She is a fabulous author, definitely try her work if you haven't yet!

      Delete
  3. This book was so fantastic! I hope you end up loving this as much as I did. <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved loved loved loved loved this book so much, Ali. It's so heart felt and I think you would enjoy this so much! I can't wait to hear your thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo definitely sign me up for this one Ali! While notorious playboys sometimes give me a nervous tic in books, I'm hoping Christian is so much more than that label. Knowing Sarah Ockler, he will be:) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I was thinking the same things Jenny. :)

      Delete
  6. I love the cover and the premise with Elyse losing her voice - and having to find her courage again. I can't wait to hear what you think about it Ali! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I see a galley for this, I would totally grab it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will read everything she writes, but this sounds particularly good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice! I can't wait to read this also. I hope we both enjoy it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't read anything by this author, she is on my list. I need to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like a winner Ali, thanks for sharing. I'm waiting on a June release from my favorite fantasy author Mark Lawrence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it when it comes out Debbie!

      Delete
  12. I know Nick loved this book and she threatened me to add this one to my TBR :P

    I am really looking forward to reading this book though because Ockler is amahzing!!!!!!

    Fantastic pick, Ali!! :)

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I love Nick!! Ockler is amazing so I am sure she is right and this one will be just as amazing as her others. :)

      Delete
  13. This sounds different, and I have heard lovely things about this author. I am trying to think if I have ever read about a heroine who lost her voice. All I can think of is Ariel from Little Mermaid..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I thought of that as well. This really is a good author though, you should give something of her's a try, I bet you like her.

      Delete
  14. I got chills reading the blurb. You know what that means hehehe

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to read something by this author. She seems to have good titles for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books are always perfect for summer. Definitely look her up!

      Delete
  16. This is on my TBR too! I love the title, synopsis and cover! Everything, basically. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh it could be nice, I'm curious to see how it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am as well. I am hoping it lives up to her usual greatness. ;)

      Delete
  18. I am very much looking forward to this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw a tour for this book and I was so tempted to join because I've heard such great things about Ockler. This just reminded me and I wish I would have! :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, you really should try her, if not this one then something else. :)

      Delete
  20. I didn't know Sarah had a new book coming out, so cool! This is going straight into my TBR pile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heard so many good things about this author. I think she even had a book where a friend of mine cried reading it XDD I need to try her works, stat!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't doubt that at all Faye! I have tried a few times while reading her books. ;)

      Delete