Wednesday, April 1, 2015

WoW Pick of the Week



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.

Can you believe it is already April and spring is just around the corner?

This weeks pick was a no brainer because Miranda's book are always a treat and I just love the cover on it, it's adorable! Plus if I am being honest, it has been way too long since I have read one of her books and I am hoping this will inspire me to catch up on the series. ;) 

So no fooling around here, I am super excited to read this and hope it is every bit as cute and sweet as the description promises!





Release Date: July 1, 2015 (Sourcebooks)

Book Description:

Practice Makes Perfect.

Everyone at Hundred Oaks High knows that career mentoring day is a joke. So when Maya Henry said she wanted to be a rock star, she never imagined she’d get to shadow *the* Jesse Scott, Nashville’s teen idol.


But spending the day with Jesse is far from a dream come true. He’s as gorgeous as his music, but seeing all that he’s accomplished is just a reminder of everything Maya’s lost: her trust, her boyfriend, their band, and any chance to play the music she craves. Not to mention that Jesse’s pushy and opinionated. He made it on his own, and he thinks Maya’s playing back up to other people’s dreams. Does she have what it takes to follow her heart—and go solo?




38 comments:

  1. Aw I love that. The cover totally had me smiling. Hadn't seen it yet so thanks for the intro :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got an arc of this recently, you can request it via net galley I believe if you wish :) I'm excited to read this one as well, great pick! <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did pick it up Benish but thanks so much! I am excited to start it, I hope we both enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of this authors work but I do have Breathe Annie Breathe for review, I'm not sure if it can be read as a standalone though. I really need to read these though. Perfect summer read. Great pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure they can all be read as a stand alone. ;)

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I've been putting it off reading it as I didn't know lol.

      Delete
    3. Definitely read it! I haven't read that one yet but I have read quite a few of all the others and I have loved them! I think the characters show up from past novels in all of them but it should still be okay and not spoil anything too much.

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for this one either! I feel like it was made for me since my husband is Jesse, so I'm Jesse's Girl too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really excited for this as well! It sounds adorable and Miranda Kenneally can do no wrong in my book! :)
    Lovely pick, Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet another series I've fallen behind on Ali! WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH ME?! I need to be a full time reader so I can keep up with everything. Love Miranda Kenneally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally know how you feel Jenny, I feel the same way!

      Delete
  7. I'm trying to make my way through the Hundred Oaks books. I swear one day I will catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh - I want this one too! Please tell me you think of Rick Springfield's song Jesse's Girl with this title (I can't help it, I hear the lyrics and everything, lol) and so want to read this!
    Great pick, Ali :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh I love the Hundred Oaks series~ Can't wait for this one either :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover and see what you mean about her books. I want it bad. :-)

    Anna from Elements of Writing

    ReplyDelete
  11. The song Jesse's Girl started playing in my head when I saw the title :) This looks like it will be a cute read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know, I couldn't help but hear it too! :)

      Delete
  12. I haven't read any of this author's previous books, but this one sounds good. I hope you enjoy reading it. Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited for this one and I was ecstatic when my request was approved. Can't wait to dig in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet! And that title... I smell a classic in the making :) Really good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YES! Great pick! I just got an ARC of this and can't wait to start it!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the Title, love the song. So thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah, this is a YA book I'm actually looking forward to. I love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yes! Curious about this one. I hope you'll enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy and you too if you decide to read it!

      Delete
  19. Oh it sounds like a nice one! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it look really cute and fun?
      Thanks for stopping by Deliah! :D

      Delete