Wednesday, April 8, 2015

WoW Pick of the Week!



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.

Okay this one just sounds fun and so far, I have really enjoyed all the books I have loved by this author and this is one that promises to be something different and fun.



Release Date: July 7, 2015 (Bloomsbury Children's)

Book Description:

When sixteen-year-old Tess Kendrick is sent to live with her older sister, Ivy, she has no idea that the infamous Ivy Kendrick is Washington D.C.'s #1 “fixer,” known for making politicians' scandals go away for a price. No sooner does Tess enroll at Hardwicke Academy than she unwittingly follows in her sister's footsteps and becomes D.C.'s premier high school fixer, solving problems for elite teens.


Secrets pile up as each sister lives a double life. . . . until their worlds come crashing together and Tess finds herself in the middle of a conspiracy with one of her classmates and a client of Ivy's. Suddenly, there is much more on the line than good grades, money, or politics, and the price for this fix might be more than Tess is willing to pay.




So what do you think, sound like fun to you as well?

41 comments:

  1. Sounds really good, I have to admit. I noticed a tendency lately in YA world for breaking new ground, which is wonderful. Pushing boundaries, or blasting through them, is what made juvenile fiction so popular in the last 15 years. So, hear! Hear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! I'm so excited for this one! I loved her Raised by Wolves series and I can't wait to read more of her books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am hoping this is just as fabulous and her others I have tried.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, I can't wait for this one either Ali:) Like you, I've loved everything I've read of Jennifer Lynn Barnes's and this one sounds like it will be no exception!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything by the author yet, but this sounds like a really fun book. I think I'm going to enjoy it.
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, you definitely need to try her Nick!

      Delete
  5. Ooohhh, great pick! I love Jennifer Lynn Barnes. I keep hoping we'll get another Raised by Wolves book ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! She had another book (about demons, I can't remember the title now) that I loved and was hoping there would be a sequel.

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen this before but it sounds different, and besides, Barnes writes the best mysteries. She's kind of awesome. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like when books include siblings in it. The idea for this one sounds unique, too. I will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Ali great W.O. W. ;)
    And yes it does sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I haven't heard of this before and it does sound really interesting. I like the ideas of two sisters' lives clashing somewhere and it becomes trouble for both of them. Adding!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh conspiracy! Sounds excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I really am hoping it will pan out and be fabulous!

      Delete
  11. Oooh this has a cool vibe to it, and you had me at "scandals" and "conspiracy", lol. Definitely adding this to the TBR! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only read The Naturals series by this author, but I do have this one on my tbr also. I can't wait to read it. Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This does sound like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking forward to this one as well! Great pick, hun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love a good conspiracy and this sounds fun! I've heard great things about the Naturals and hope this is just a good. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this one is new to me, quite intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love that! Very neat idea for a book and not one I've read anything similar to.Hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was reading the description and thought "I have read this book", obviously I haven't, but I think I read one that was a lot like it. Still sounds interesting. I am going to have to go through my books now and see which one I thought it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope it isn't too same ole same ole but her other stuff isn't so I have high hopes.

      Delete
  19. I love Jenn's books! This sounds awesome and I love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A few of my friends are reading and enjoying this one now. Great pick!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete