Friday, June 10, 2011

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Published by: Dutton (Dec. 2, 2010)
Genre: YA
My Rating: 5 Solid Stars

 Goodreads Description:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.
As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna—and readers—have long awaited?


My Review:
We all have those books that we read that we can hardly put down, the ones that consume our thoughts when we aren't reading them and stay with us long after we have finished them. The ones that ruin all other books for us because, they will never be as good as the one we just put down. This book? This book was that book for me.
I had read other reviews about this book, saw lots of 5 star ratings and thought to myself, "oh no, not another one of those books that will never live up to all the hype. Do I even want to read this?"
I have been so burned by books that people are raving about, the ones that they promise are all that and then some *cough*thegirlwiththedragontattoo*cough*.
Thankfully this wasn't one of them. I truly liked this book, heck I LOVE this book. In fact I am having a really hard time keeping myself from not start it all over again I liked it that much. In fact, I know I will re-read this one...soon, very very soon. And the real kicker about this book? I got it for FREE months ago for my Kindle.  
I love that the characters in this book are so real, someone we would be friends with, someone we would fall for. I love that they have problems we could have and parents and friends that aren't perfect, the fact that they aren't perfect and know it. 
This truly was a great book and now, now, I have the hard decision of finding the next book to read and hoping, that I can put all my attention into it because this one is still stuck with me.

6 comments:

  1. I like your first statement in your review! I am a huge Harry Potter, (I hate to admit) Twilight, and Vampire Academy fan. But I think that the books that truly made me feel that way was The Hunger Games. I do have a lot of books that take me away from reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW...The Bookish Babes is hosting Bookluvr's Weekend Review Club this weekend. Her link is on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will admit, I loved all three of those series as well and yes, they consumed me as well when I read them.

    I will check out the Review Club, I forgot about it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never read this book, but seen it on the blogsphere. Looks interesting. I got books like the one you described (for me it was the black jewels by anne bishop) though I love series Mindy mentioned (except Twlight. haven't finished the second book yet)

    btw - I am from the Weekend Review Club.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for checking out my blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. After reading this review, I really want to read this book. I love spoiler-free review. I'm glad you enjoyed this book. Lucky you for getting it for free!

    ReplyDelete