Thursday, June 9, 2011

Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens

Title: OVERPROTECTED
Author: Jennifer Laurens
Published by: Grove Creek Publishing (April, 29, 2011)
Genre: YA
My Rating: 5 Stars


Goodreads Description:

Ashlyn: A lonely society princess living in New York City.

Daddy hired you to be my bodyguard.

Colin: Childhood enemy, now her protector.

Daddy thought I’d be safe. He thought I’d never fall in love. He thought he could keep me forever.

Charles: obsessed with keeping her safe, keeping her his, he hires the one person he knows she could never fall in love with: Colin.

Daddy was wrong.



My Review:
This was my first time reading anything by Jennifer Laurens and was recommended to me by a friend who loves her writing (thank you by the way!) to read and I am so glad that they did because, I think I just found a new favorite author to add to my list!

I loved this story. It is sweet, heartbreaking, a little scary, a little maddening, and well, a roll coaster of a ride. So much happens in this book.
The main character Ashlyn grows so much in this story and learns so much about her family and life that she was blind to before. She learns how to see past the blinders put over her eyes, she learns to trust, she learns to love, she learns how to be a strong woman and daughter and not to be pushed around anymore but to be assertive and stand up for what she knows to be true and right.
I couldn't help falling in love with Colin as he helps Ashlyn on her journey and protects her not only from the dangers of the outside world but from the dangers lurking in her very own home.
This is a great read that will let you just get away from it all and be immersed in Ashlyn and Colin's world and forget about it all.
This most definitely won't be the last book I read by Laurens.

No comments:

Post a Comment