Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Confessions of a Call Center Gal by Lisa Lim

Title: Confessions of a Call Center Gal
Author: Lisa Lim
Published by: Giffin Press (Feb. 25, 2011)
Genre: Chick Lit/Humor
My Rating: 3.5-4 Stars

Goodreads Description:
A fun chick lit romance that will appeal to fans of Sophie Kinsella and Marian Keyes. Bridget Jones meets The Office. Madison Lee is a fresh college grad, ready to take on the world of print media. But she has zero luck landing a job. Unemployment is at ten percent and on the rise. Desperate and left with no other options, she accepts a position as a service rep at a call center in Pocatello, Idaho. At the Lightning Speed call center in Spudsville, Maddy plunges into the wild and dysfunctional world of customer service where Sales is prided over Service and an eight hour shift is equivalent to eight hours of callers bashing her over the phone. Oh sure, the calls are bad. But Maddy manages to find humor on the phone and off the phone. And with all the salacious drama behind the calls, there is never a dull moment at the Lightning Speed call center.
Lately . . . Maddy has been pining for her smolderingly gorgeous co-worker Mika Harket. Now things are heating up on the phone--and elsewhere. Don't hang up on this novel. Working at a call center has never been this garish . . . or this delightful. 


My Review:
I actually had a hard time rating this book, mostly because there were moments in the book that I didn't think needed to be there, language and references that weren't necessary to make a good story so I decided that a 3.5-4 rating was pretty fair.
This was a cute funny read. One of my first jobs was working in a call center so I can completely relate to this book, seriously, I think I got some of the same customers she did in this story which just made the scenes even more funny to me. I found myself nodding my head during moments as I related to her frustration and exasperation at the people who called in. Overall it was a good read and I really liked the slight romance interest in it between Maddie and Mikah.

No comments:

Post a Comment