Thursday, June 2, 2011

Desire (Desire #1) by Kailin Gow

Title: Desire
Author: Kailin Gow
Publisher: Edge books (self published)
Genre: YA dystopian
My Rating: 3.5-4 Stars

Goodreads Description:

A Dystopian world where everyone's future is planned out for them at age 18...whether it is what a person desires or not. Kama is about to turn 18 and she thinks her Life s Plan will turn out like her boyfriend's and friend's as they desired. But when she glimpse a young man who can communicate with her with his thoughts and knows her name...a young man with burning blue eyes and raven hair, who is dressed like no other in her world, she is left to question her Life's Plan and her destiny. Knowing the truth can destroy everyone...

My Review:

I wasn't sure what to expect when I first opened this book up,a typical dystopian book I suppose, and while I did get that I also got a love story with a slight paranormal aspect as well.
While there are editing errors throughout the book that are slightly distracting the sweet love story and life of Kama more than makes up for it. I am a sucker for a good love triangle and Gow seems to be the master at making them and she didn't disappoint. While I loved Liam, I felt myself rooting for Torrid as well.
I think this new series has a lot of potential. It is a fast easy read that will leave you wanting more and wanting to find out what happens next to Kama, Torrid, her mother, her mysterious father, Pim, The Catchers, The Magical Ones, Sarah and to Liam.

2 comments:

  1. Weekend reviewer here!

    Great review, thanks. Contains everything I need to know including editing errors? Seriously? Thanks for picking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly there are quite a few in this book, more so than usual but it is still a good read. :)

    ReplyDelete