Sunday, June 19, 2011

Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready

Title: Shade
Author: Jeri Smith-Ready
Published by: Simon Pulse (May 4, 2010)
Genre: YA Paranormal
My Rating: 5 Stars

Goodreads Description:
Love ties them together. Death can't tear them apart.
Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.
Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.
Well, sort of.
Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.
It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding—and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.
As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart...and clues to the secret of the Shift.

My Review:
I have had this book sitting on my to read shelf for awhile now and I am not sure why it took me so long to read it. I am sorry I waited so long because this was a really good book. I loved the story line about a world were ghosts roamed freely and were seen by everyone born after a certain time, called the Shift. I loved the mystery about why the Shift occurred and what it means that Aura was the first one born into the Shift. Her mom's mysterious past, her father's whereabouts and who he is. Zachary significance in her life and in the Shift as well. I loved Logan and his whole family. This book actually had me tearing up in parts and then in others laughing. I love stories that can bring about a plethora of emotions in you.
I can't wait to read more about Aura and her friends and to see what happens next. I am super impressed with this series and with the world that Ms. Smith-Ready has created.

No comments:

Post a Comment