Thursday, June 9, 2011

This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen

Title: This Lullaby
Author: Sarah Dessen
Published by: Puffin (May 27, 2002)
Genre: YA
My Rating: 4 Stars




Goodreads Description:
When it comes to relationships, Remy doesn't mess around. After all, she's learned all there is to know from her mother, who's currently working on husband number five. But there's something about Dexter that seems to defy all of Remy's rules. He certainly doesn't seem like Mr. Right. For some reason, however, Remy just can't seem to shake him. Could it be that Remy's starting to understand what those love songs are all about?

My Review:
I love Sarah Dessen's books, I love how real her writing and characters are. I love how I know when I pick up one of her books I am going to be swept into a real life situation with problems and ordeals that could happen to anyone and be anyone's life.
I picked up this book because after reading the synopsis I realized that this time those real life situations were something that I could relate to in certain ways.
This is a very heartfelt read about finding your way in life, growing up, believeing in the impossible and jumping in, sometimes head first.

2 comments:

  1. This is going to have to go in my wishlist pile. I only own one Sara Dessen book and I haven't even read it yet.

    Headed over from Weekend Book Review Club.

    Nicole @ All I Ever Read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I’m hopping over from the weekend book club! I really like this review. I like how you got your point across easily and directly. I enjoy reading Sarah Dessen books too!

    Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete