Thursday, February 23, 2012

Indie Book of the Week: Intangible by J. Meyers

This week I am so excited to be telling you about a great book I read by J. Meyers called Intangible. Actually that isn't exactly true, I am here to tell you about Intangible and the prequel  Intuition.


Let me first start off with Intuition
This was such a great prequel. One of those short stories that really knows how to get you excited about a book. 
The writing was so well done and just drew me into the story, in fact I was really sad when it ended but so thankful that I had Intangible already so I could start reading it right away.

The best part about this prequel is that right now on Amazon you can download the Kindle version for free
If you haven't already downloaded it, I highly recommend you do, you won't be disappointed.




Like I mentioned above, after reading the prequel to this story, Intuition (which I highly recommend you read first) I just knew it was going to be great, in fact I was super excited to start reading it. I love it when a prequel can do that to you, draw out emotions and make you want to immediately pick up the next book, always a sign of a good author.

And I was not disappointed.

I absolutely adored Sera and Luke. I love the connection they had as not only brother and sister but as twins. How they could read each other and sense what the other was thinking and how they just knew each other. I loved their witty banter and almost sarcastic remarks to each other. You could tell that even while they were making smart quips at one another they still really cared about the other and not only cared but that they were best friends and would do anything for the other. I loved their bond and the protectiveness they both shared.

It seriously made me yearn to have a twin brother something I never thought I would say.

Right away you can tell that there is more to this story than that of a Seer and Healer who happen to be twins. You can tell that there is more going on in the story and that they are not the only ones out their with supernatural powers.

There is an air of mystery right off the bat that draws you into the story and made it almost impossible to put down. In fact I was so glad I started this on a day that I didn't have anything else planned because I know it would have all gotten ignored while I found myself engrossed in the pages of the story.

So what else can I say about this book without giving too much away? Without ruining all of the mystery that slowly unfolds? That is the dilemma I find myself in while writing this review.

A Prophecy from long ago, Vampire Guardians, A Seer, A Healer, Elves, The Shadows, A Mind Reader, The Gifteds.

Gah! It has it all and so much more. I really really enjoyed reading this unique fun story and truly, all of the characters were just fabulous, even the bad guys.

I so look forward to the sequel (and there seriously better be one or I will be crushed!). I have a feeling it is going to be hard waiting for it to come out!

If you enjoy YA and paranormal then this really is a must read.

I give this book a very solid 4.5 Stars!!

 

 

 



3 comments:

  1. I really like the colors on that purple cover!

    TAG your it!
    http://romancebookie.blogspot.com/2012/02/tagged.html
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love it when you find such great indie reads.
    I am going to Amazin right now to get my freebie. Thanks for another great find Ali. I am sorry I didn't tell you I was reading Graffiti Moon, I am digging out through March and April is going to be all about what I want to read for a change so we will definitely plan a buddy read then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree The Romance Bookie, it has a fabulous cover!

    @Heidi, that is okay! I am so glad you liked it and I completely understand, I have a lot of catching up to do as well but I do want to do another buddy read!
    I think the first part of my March is full but after that we can definitely plan something when you are ready as well! :)
    I hope you like Intuition!

    ReplyDelete