Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Review: Dead of Night by Lynn Viehl

Title: Dead of Night
Author: Lynn Viehl
Series: Book Two in the Youngblood series, also a novella out
Published By: Flux Books (July 8, 2012)
Source: ARC Copy from Netgalley
Genre: YA Paranormal
My Rating: 4 Stars

Goodreads Description:
 True love . . . and an undying obsession
Catlyn Youngblood has a secret life. Despite being a natural-born vampire hunter like her two older brothers, Cat has fallen for Jesse--an ageless boy from a centuries-old vampire clan.
Cat's job cataloguing rare, mystical texts at a bookstore allows her to meet with Jesse alone every evening. But when girls who look disturbingly similar to Cat start disappearing from town, Cat and Jesse discover frightening clues to their whereabouts within the book collection. Together, they must stop a crazed man from realizing his dark scheme-- one that would claim Cat's life.

My Review:
  I seriously love this series. It is so cute and fun and just a really different take on vampires and vampires hunters. It is one of those series that just grows on you with each new book and one that you have a great time while you are reading it.


I LOVE the fact that we got some Seek and Kari time! I was so disappointed in the first book that they both didn't have a bigger role in the book so it was so much fun to see them in this book and that they had more than just a couple of scenes. I really hope we will see more of them in future books. I just feel in love with them after reading Dark of Heart.


Catalyn and Jesse were as great as ever and I loved the whole mystery aspect of this one too. Even though I was pretty sure what was going on, there were still twists and turns I didn't see coming. Especially with her family. I love her brothers but man! Sometimes I think they both could use some sense knocked into them! I know they were trying to protect Cat but there was so much they were keeping from her over the years that I just felt awful for her and furious at them for keeping it all from her and for all that they had done to her to keep it secret.




We learn a lot about all of Cat's family in this book and some very interesting things about Jesse and his family as well and of course the town. The mystery of Lost Lake and its members just keeps getting better and better.



I can't even believe how the book ended! While it wasn't a huge horrible cliffhanger it was definitely one that makes you want to read the next book in the series to see what happens next, which I will definitely be doing when it comes out.

4 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this series either, from your review I should go grab a copy of book 1 and request 2 on NG. I am a bit worried about the ending though....At least the characters are great. I am heading over to look this up!
    Have a great day Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi, you too!

    And I do think you would like this one. I wish they were lendable then I would just loan the ebook to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kindlemom! I had the first book of this series on my Amazon.com wish list forever and never got around to buying it! Wow, I can't believe there is already a sequel! I definitely have to check this series out thanks to your riveting review :)

    Did you know that Lynn Viehl is an adult author of romance? I knew her as the author of the Darkyn series first. Vampire romance, yummy!

    Anywho, just wanted to stop by and say hi!

    Mia at The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that about her Mia! I will have to look into her other books too!
    Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like her Ya series if you decide to try it!! :)

    ReplyDelete