Monday, February 20, 2012

Review: I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

Title: I've Got Your Number
Author: Sophie Kinsella
Series: Stand Alone
Published By: Dial Press (Feb. 14, 2012)
Source: ARC Copy Netgalley
Genre: Contemporary Romance
My Rating; 4.5 Stars

Goodreads Description:
 I've lost it. The only thing in the world I wasn't supposed to lose. My engagement ring. It's been in Magnus's family for three generations. And now, the very same day his parents are coming, I've lost it. The very same day. Do not hyperventilate Poppy. Stay positive!!


Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier. She is about to marry the ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her 'happy ever after' begins to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring but in the panic that followed, she has now lost her phone. As she paces shakily round the hotel foyer she spots an abandoned phone in a bin. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect!

Well, perfect except the phone's owner, businessman Sam Roxton doesn't agree. He wants his phone back and doesn't appreciate Poppy reading all his messages and wading into his personal life.

What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other's lives through emails and text messages. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents... she soon realises that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life.

My Review:
 
This is the first book I have read by Kinsella even though I have been hearing her name for litterally years now. I don't know why I haven't tried her books before now but there you have it.

So I was pretty excited to start this book and see what all the hype was about with her work. And I have to hand it to her, she managed to make me laugh out loud within the first few pages and smiling as I read on.

I absolutely adored this book. The characters were so loveable and real and I just felt that istant connection that I love from a good book.

You know what I am talking about, where you instantly care about the characters and are rooting for them and feel all of the emotions they are feeling. I absolutely LOVE books like that and I am so happy that this was one of them.

The fact that this book took place in England was even better. I don't know why but it made the characters are the more loveable to me and made me want to be a part of their world.

There was some swearing in this book, okay there was a lot of swearing in parts which really I didn't care for, I don't love the f-word, I just don't so I was a little put off by that but other than that minor detail, this was a fantastic read and I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone that loves a really good well written contemporary romance that is just down right believable.

Poppy (isn't that just a great name?) was so fabulous. I love how caring she was and funny and okay, a little meddling at times too but always in the name of goodness. She was just one of those characters that felt so real to me. Someone I would be friends with and just love hanging out with.

Sam was just fantastic. Everything I really like a good solid character to be. He was strong and no nonsense but still caring and insightful and genuinely was a good guy. I love how little by little we got to see him more and learn more about him and ultimately fall in love with. It was hard not to care about Sam and all his gruffness.

Sophie Kinsella is an amazing writer and I am so sad that it took me so long to try one of her books. This will not be the last one I read, in fact I plan on looking for some of her others books and soon as I get done posting this, this book was that good.


2 comments:

  1. I had this book on my blog for Friday Forecast and I thought it sounded like a fun little read and your review just confirmed it. I need to grab a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do Heidi! I think you will really like it. It was a great read, hard to put down and so darn funny!

    ReplyDelete