Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tell Me Something Tuesday!

Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Cambria Hebert .

   
This is a fun weekly question she asks other bloggers in the hopes that we will all get to know one another a little better.

This question this week is:
 
 
If you could travel into any book to the setting and meet the characters which book would it be and why?


Oh I love this question!

And surprisingly for once it is an easy answer for me! Well, maybe not easy because I could pick a hundred differnert books and places I would want to be a part of but at the top of my list would be the world of Harry Potter.  

 That's right, I would travel to platform 9 3/4 and board the Hogwarts Express and have it take me to the castle.

I have been in love with this world and series from the moment I picked up the first book and entered into that magical place where anything is possible and where magic is very much alive. 


J.K. Rowlings is a master at description and I fell in love with the castle ground and truly all of its inhabitants from the moment I pictured it in my head. It just seemed like the fun place to be. I mean if you have to go to school, why not a school of wizardry right? 
Where hijinks and mischief are as common as the air you breath. 


To be able to walk the halls and discover hidden passages every which way you go. To have magic fill the rooms.




And how could we forget the Forbidden Forrest and all that mystery and chaos and even evil that lurks within?

And yes even the burrow would be on my list of places to go and see.

 


 How could you not read this series and not fall in love with it? How could you not want to travel there and be a part of it if you could?


I couldn't resist it, that is for sure.


So, if you could travel anywhere where would you go? Who would you see?


 

9 comments:

  1. Oh yes Ali, Harry Potter is an escellent choice. Who wouldn't want to visit Hogsworth and the shops on Diagon Alley. That is definitely a world I would love to jump into! Awesome choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was waiting for this answer!!!! I knew I would see it and I don't blame anyone at all. I haven't even read this series (yes, gasp!) but the setting and the magical world is not lost even on me. I think it would be a wonderful place to explore. Thanks for joining the meme this week!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Heidi and Cambria!!


    Cambria, *gasp* you must read H.P.! I promise you will love it. Each book just gets better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cambria, I can't believe you haven't read HP yet! :)

    Ali, though I didn't name it, Harry Potter was on my list as well. I, too, would love to explore the castle, The Burrow, Diagon Alley and everywhere in between. Those books hold a special place in my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too Erin!
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah! That's a great choice! I would LOVE to visit the world of Harry Potter. Of course I need someone with magical abilities by my side...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree Candace! I guess I should have put in there that I would also like their magical abilities. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got to agree, mine would be Harry Potter as well. I just did a guest post over at A Daydreamers Thoughts all about my love for the Harry Potter world. http://xxdaydreamer21xx.blogspot.com/2012/02/series-week-day-three.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would also love to visit Harry Potter's world...but since everyone is saying the same answer, I'll try to come up with something different.

    I would say Bali in the book, "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. That would be heaven!

    ReplyDelete