Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tell Me Something Tuesday




Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Cambria Hebert .

   
This is a fun weekly question she asks other bloggers in the hopes that we will all get to know one another a little better.

This question this week, in honor of Valentine's Day is:
Who are your favorite book couple?


And right off I have to say that I love that she made this question plural because it would have been torture if I had to only choose one couple, in fact it would have been near impossible. 

My first favorite couple to read?

Bones and Cat from the Night Huntress Series.
Everything about them is just awesome. I love the snark, the protectiveness, the alpha male attitude, the sexiness and I haven't even started in on Bones yet. LOL!

Truly this couple just sizzles together and they love each other and it is clear that they do in each book they are in. From the start they were just meant to be and I love that!


My next favorite couple to read about would have to be Rose and Demitri from the Vampire Academy Series.

I love that their romance was more of a slow build for them over the course of the series and that it wasn't all roses and sunshine for them. They had some real obstacles in their way and they had to fight ever step of the way to be together. Their love wasn't all nice words and romantic gestures and flirting and what have you, in fact there was very little of that but what they did have was that spark and that fire that made their characters all that much better. Heck, they made each other better. They had an understanding of each other and knew each other better than some couples ever do in series or in life for that matter.
What they had just felt real to me, well besides all the nonsense of fighting vampires and saving the world. 


Next would have to be Anna and Etienne (or St.Claire) from Anna and the French Kiss.
I just adored this book. I loved everything about it. I can't even name exactly what I loved so much about it other than it felt real to me, they felt real to me and I was rooting for them from the very start. 

I loved the subtle flirting and the not so subtle flirting. The glances across the room, the uncertainty, the kind words, the simple gestures, the slight touches, the friendship, the secret smiles and longings, the laughter, the tears, the romance. I loved it all and it all added up to a wonderful romance and unforgettable characters. 


Clara and Tucker from the Unearthly series.
How could you not love Tucker and all his down home goodness? I really wish Ms. Hand had a picture of these two on her website. I would love to see how she pictures them all as she writes about them.
I love everything about Tucker, his goodness, his honestly, his willingness to love and accept, the sweetness he shows Clara and his slight feistyness as well. 
He is just a really good guy.




Hmmm, whom to choose next?
I think I will have to go with Katy and Daemon from the Lux series.
Okay, I admit it, I am cheating here because technically they aren't a couple yet but boy do they have some seriously hot chemistry going on for them. I mean sizzling!

I have high hopes they will be a couple (you are reading this right Jennifer? and I know you care so much about what I think :P ) eventually and boy when they finally give in and admit their feelings for one another, it will be explosive!




I know what you are thinking, you are wondering how many more couples I could possible have that I adore (and trust me there are many that I love that I am not naming here) but I can't end this without naming at least one more couple. 

Landon and Jamie from A Walk to Remember.
If you haven't read this one yet then shame on you! I hope you have at least seen the movie because they are both fantastic! The love they have for each other is unbelievable. It stands through the time and never dies.

So that's it, those are the couples I have chosen. I could use a lot more but those are the ones I am going with for me.

So, what couples do you love? Which ones are your favorites?




8 comments:

  1. Fabulous choices! Very romantic and some of these books on my TBR pile forever and this just motivated me to get reading! Great post for TMST thanks for joining in! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great picks, I amost put Rose and Dimitri and
    Anna and St. Clair on my list too. I kmew that Lila would pick Cat and Bones so I left them off. Great choices! I see you had a Nicholas Spark's couple too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Dimka and Rose :D They are pure awesomeness! They are both kickass and meant to be. Though I feel sorry for Adrian!

    I've included St. Clair and Anna in my list too! And AWTR is such a tearjerker. I watched the movie first and I couldn't stop crying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, A Walk To Remember! Such a cute, cute couple. That book (movie) was sooo sad. Happy Valentines day!

    My post: http://wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-and-tell-me-something-tuesday_14.html

    Alexandra~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank Cambria!

    @Heidi The VA series kicked butt. Truly one of my favorite ones out there.

    @Ajoop I loved Adrian too, I will admit it. I felt awful for him. I still haven't started the spin off series because of it.

    Thanks Alexandra!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm swooning over your pictures and your choices!!! I love your picks and I can't wait to read Anna and the French kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You reminded me that I really want to read Anna and the French Kiss! My favorite couple might be Eve and Roarke from the JD Robb "In Death" series. I love the cop with the ex criminal :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becca I love Roarke and Eve too! I almost added them to the list but didn't. I just love the In Death series.

    ReplyDelete