Saturday, January 14, 2012

Review: Melody Burning by Whitley Strieber

Title: Melody Burning
Author: Whitley Strieber
Series: Stand Alone
Published By: Henry Holt and Co. (Dec. 6, 2011)
Genre: YA 
My Rating: 3 Stars


Goodreads Description:
Beresford doesn’t remember much about his past or how he came to live in the chutes and crawl spaces of the posh high-rise that shares his name. But when rock star and teen sensation Melody McGrath moves to an apartment on the fiftieth floor, he knows he has to be near her. Although she doesn’t realize it, Melody is threatened by more dangerous forces than her manipulative stage mom and the pressures of life in the spotlight. The owner of the glamorous building has been hiding a fatal secret within its walls, and Beresford puts all his plans at risk. Will Beresford and Melody be able to escape with their lives (and love) intact?

My Review:
After reading some of the review on this book, I really wasn't sure if I even wanted to give it a chance, I mean really, I don't have time for a bad book but something about this book just drew me in and I thought, what the heck and gave it a chance anyways.

I will say, the whole scenario is a little far fetched, I will give the other reviewers that have complained about that a firm agreement. But honestly? I read books sometimes to get that way out there theory. To be a part of a world that maybe doesn't make perfect sense or always come together like it should be, because sometimes that just makes the story that much better.

Sometimes I like to read a book just to get that happily ever after that I crave, even if it is a little far out there and okay, a little unbelievable at times and maybe even a little corny.

This was was all those things. Corny, cheesy at times and yes, very far fetched.

But, (yes, there is a butt and really, you saw it coming, I know you did)this was still a really cute story about first loves and teenage heartbreak and finding who you are in the world and what really matters.

It will never be a great literary work or even a book I may remember years down the road but it was a fun read and I enjoyed it and sometimes, sometimes, that is all that counts.

2 comments:

  1. I han't heard of this one. Sounds like I am not missing too much, probably a mediocre read at best. Like said, who has time for bad books right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was okay, not really something I would tell someone they needed to read or even recommend really.

    ReplyDelete