Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith. First Book in the Standalone Challenge Done!

As a lot of you already know I am participating in the 2012 Standalone Reading Challenge hosted by Icey Books and I Like These Books.

And for my first book in this challenge I choose The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith. After hearing so many great things about this book I just had to read it and I am so glad that I did.
So without further ado, on to my review.







Title: The Statistical Probability of Falling in Love At First Sight
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Series: Stand Alone
Published By: Poppy (Jan. 2 , 2012)
Genre: Realistic YA Fiction
My Rating: 4 Stars

Goodreads Description:
 Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.

My Review:
I am not really sure how to describe this book.
It was a sweet story really about love but it was also more than that. It was also a story about forgiveness and moving on as well.
About being happy for the ones that you love even if their happiness sometimes causes you pain.

This was beautifully written and maybe because I could relate so much to what happened to Hadley in this story with her father, it really was one of those books that stays with you long after you are done reading it.

It is one of those stories that can make you smile and make you cry all within a heartbeat of a sentence.

It is a book that you won't want to go without reading. It is a story that will stay with you and make you look at the world just a little differently.

I adored Oliver in this book, he was a great character but so was Hadley. I liked her, maybe because like I mentioned before I could relate to her, but most of all, I loved Andrew in this book. I loved his love for Hadley. I loved the look we got into their relationship as father and daughter and I loved those tender moments between them. A father's love for his daughter.

This was a wonderful book and truly one that I am so glad I read. I will most definitely be reading anything by Smith in the future.

6 comments:

  1. You are rocking the challenges girlfriend. I hadn't heard of this book until this week. Sounds like a good one based on your review. I loved this line in your review:

    It is one of those stories that can make you smile and make you cry all within a heartbeat of a sentence.

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi!
    I have been trying to read as much as I can the past few days because I know after this week my reading will slow down again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! I'm looking so forward to reading this book it isn't funny. I'm really glad that you enjoyed it. :)

    Alexandra~
    http://www.wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I managed to pick this up in a swap this week. I've seen a few good things about it and I love that title. I'm making an effort to read more YA this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How is it I've heard this book mentioned seven times in the last three days? And never before that. Must see what all the buzz is about lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean anaavu! I think I have heard more about this book in the last two weeks than I have ever heard about a book before!

    If you do read it, I hope you enjoy it too and it lived up to the hype!

    ReplyDelete