Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Review: My Soul To Save by Rachel Vincent

Title: My Soul To Save
Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: Book Two in the Soul Screamers Series
Published By: Harlequin Teen (Dec. 29, 2009)
Genre: YA Paranormal
My Rating: 4 Stars

Goodreads Description:
 When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.
So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn't wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can't cry for someone who has no soul.
The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad's ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend's loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can't possibly understand.
Kaylee can't let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk….

My Review:
The covers in this series are just breathtaking. I think if I hadn't already picked up this series and started reading them based on recommendations, seeing the covers in a bookstore would have made me pick them up and read them on their own.


This is such a fun series and the second book was even better than the first. 
Maybe because I got to know Nash, Tod and Kaylee more. Maybe because they worked so well together and they each have qualities that make you love them. Or maybe even because they all have some redeeming quality about them that just make them a blast to read.
Or maybe, it is just that Rachel Vincent is a genius and her writing is brilliant, either way this series is just one of those must read series.


It is entertaining and I always find that I just have a great time reading them, getting caught up in their world and I think I love that they don't always do what I am expecting them to do. They can catch me off guard with their antics and their witty humor and snarky one liners.


I think I love Nash even more after reading this one and yes, I adore Tod even more too. There is so much more to Tod than meets the eye and I can't wait to get to see more of him in the next book. I have a feeling that I just might end up liking him even more than Nash by the time this series is over.




 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I’ve awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! You can see the rules on my post: http://cameliamironskiba.wordpress.com/2012/01/18/the-versatile-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping to read this very soon! Oh boy more Tod, I definitely wanted to know him better after book 1. I have until the end of the month. Will get it sneked in there.

    ReplyDelete