Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tell Me Something Tuesday!

 
 
Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Cambria Hebert .


   
This is a fun weekly question she asks other bloggers in the hopes that we will all get to know one another a little better.

This question this week is:
What is the saddest book you have ever read?
So once again this is a great question and a question that isn't so easy for me to answer.

Mainly because I have read a lot of sad books over the years. In fact I enjoy reading sad books....sometimes, okay maybe more than sometimes, maybe more than what is considered healthy even. I am a sap, I always love a good love story. 
 
Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors and I have yet to read a book by him that didn't have me crying for one reason or another. Happy ending or tragic ending, he really is the master of emotion.
 
Kristan Higgins, same thing. I think I have teared up reading every single one of her books as well.

Sarah Dessen, Gayle Foreman, Lauren Oliver, Lisa Schroeder. Goodness I could probably sit here all day and name some really great authors that can pull the emotions out of me like no one else can. 
 
In fact, I will make a confession, I am a crier. Yep, there, I said it.
I cry.
 
Sometimes a lot.
 
Sometimes at silly things like commercials.
 
Boy am I ever glad I hardly ever see Hallmark commercials anymore.
 
I am sure my husband is thankful too.

I am pretty sensitive to others emotions. I get embarassed for other people. I see someone else crying and I feel like I need to join in too. 
 
Why? I really wish I could answer this question. Apparently I just happened to get a little too much of the crying gene. 
 
So in short, LOTS of books have made me cry over the year and so my list is long but one of the books that stands out to me the most as being one of the first books I can remember reading and crying over as an adult would have to go to the infamous Nicholas Sparks and his master piece, A Walk To Remember.
 

I cried through the book, I cried through the fabulous movie, heck I could probably cry about it if I sat here long enough and thought of the story again.
 
This is just a really really great read that I defy anyone to try to read and not get emotional over the ending. It also happens to be the first book I ever read by Sparks and therefore sparking (no pun intended) my love for him...I mean not him per se but his brilliance and his heart wrenching stories and okay maybe even him a little. Have you seen his picture of the cover jacket?


So, what is one of the saddest books you can ever remember reading? I would love to hear what it was and maybe even some recommendations, I am always looking for a great new book.

4 comments:

  1. I love sad novels, too. I think it's because life isn't a fairy tale, you know. Of course I like funny feel good novels, but we can't ignore the sad parts in our lives.

    And I don't think there's anything wrong with being in touch with your emotions. I actually think more people should be like that. The world would be a much better place. :)

    I've read so many sad novels as well. I recently finished Paint It Black by Janet Fitch, it was pretty hard to read at times because of the sad bits. And Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott was so good but so heart breaking. I still have to read A Walk To Remember, I watched the movie and absolutely loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vanessa!

    I haven't read either of the books you mentioned but I have heard of them. I think I will look into getting one of them.
    I love funny books too but every now and then you just need a good emotional one too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your answers are fabulous and have made me sooo happy! It is wonderful to know that I am not alone in enjoying my "crying books" or cyring over a commercial. Seriously, there was a Walmart commercial at Christmas that tore me up. Uh-huh...Walmart. Maybe we could start our own "sap club." LOL. Ohhh, how could I forget A Walk to Remember - LOVE that one! Great answers, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I am always so happy to hear I am not the only sap! Criers unite!! :P

    ReplyDelete