Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tell Me Something Tuesday

Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Cambria Hebert .


   
It is a fun weekly question she asks other bloggers in the hopes that we will all get to know one another a little better.

This weeks question is:
What is your favorite genre to read and why?



Honestly, this should be an easy question for me to answer but the truth of the matter is that it isn't.
I could no more choose a favorite genre than I could choose a favorite star in the sky.

Okay, that might be a little dramatic but still, you get the idea. I love all sorts of genres and truly couldn't pick a favorite.
I do however, have one I read more than others and that would be the Young Adult genre.
But even then, that really isn't classifying a genre since there are so many sub-genres to that one genre. 
YA Realistic Fiction, YA Paranormal, YA Dystopian, YA Fantasy...well you get the idea.

So I guess in answer to this question, what is my favorite genre to read and why?

I don't have a favorite. I enjoy all different kinds but I do tend to migrate to the YA genre in general I think because I like reading about first loves and first kisses and sometimes yes, even the teenage angst and love triangles.
There is just something about it that is appealing and tempting.
And, lets face it, some of the best books and series and even authors write in that genre. Dessen, Echols, Kagawa, Hand, Patrick, Armentrout, Hudson, Scott, Oliver, Hebert, Smith-Ready, Mead, De La Cruz, Clare, ..(once again I could go on and on with the list of wonderful author names).
I would be missing out on so much if I didn't read this genre.



6 comments:

  1. Great answer!! This is a hard question because books of every genre are good. I too have read a wide range and enjoyed them but I am drawn to YA specifically YA paranormal. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this question!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep Ali, I can't stay in one genre either. I am always looking for the next great read! Lately I am loving dystopian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be so hard to only read on genre. There are too many wonderful ones out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I agree that it's hard to classify YA as a genre due to all of the sub-genres.

    My Post: http://wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-and-tell-me-something-tuesday.html

    Alexandra~

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite genre to read is Mystery. The category includes Cozies (Traditional Mysteries), Suspense, Thrillers, and Police Procedures. A Mystery can contain romance, paranormal events, sci-fi creatures, and story topics for children and teens. With that smorgasbord to choose from, I never get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your answer! You named some great authors too - several of which are favorites of mine! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving such a nice comment :D

    ReplyDelete