Saturday, July 19, 2014

Review: Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich

Title: Eleven on Top
Author: Janet Evanovich
Series: Book Eleven in the Stephanie Plum Series
Published By: St. Martins (June 20, 2006)
Source: Purchased
Genre: Mystery/Humor
My Rating: 4 Stars!

Book Description:
Stephanie Plum is thinking her career as a fugitive apprehension agent has run its course. She's been shot at, spat at, cussed at, fire-bombed, mooned, and attacked by dogs. Stephanie thinks it's time for a change. So she quits. She wants something safe and normal. But the kind of trouble she had at the bail bonds office can't compare to the kind of trouble she finds herself facing now...

Stephanie is stalked by a maniac returned from the grave for the sole purpose of putting her into a burial plot of her own. He's killed before, and he'll kill again if given the chance. Caught between staying far away from the bounty hunter business and staying alive, Stephanie reexamines her life and the possibility that being a bounty hunter is the solution rather than the problem. After disturbingly brief careers at the button factory, Kan Klean Dry Cleaners, and Cluck-in-a-Bucket, Stephanie takes an office position in security, working for Ranger, the sexiest, baddest bounty hunter and businessman on two continents. Tempers and temperatures rise as competition ratchets up between the two men in her life her on-again, off-again boyfriend, tough Trenton cop Joe Morelli, and her boss, Ranger. Can Stephanie Plum take the heat? Can you?







The Stephanie Plum series is my go to series when I need a good laugh. When I want something that in fact, will make me laugh so much and so hard my cheeks will be sore and my sides will ache afterward. 

There is just something to be said about the shenanigans Stephanie gets herself into. Like Ranger says, “she is a magnet for disaster.”

Oh and Ranger, yeah, he and Morelli don't hurt the series at all either. I have always said, what is better than one hot hunky guy? Why two of course!

And “Cupcake” and “Babe”? I love it. So fitting for both their personalities.

Okay, so these books aren't well written literature that will one day become classics but they are great funny books with just enough mystery and danger to keep me wanting  and to make me keep coming back for it without hesitation. 
 In fact, truth be told, I sort of hoard them. I buy them up and then hang on to them when I need something to cleanse my palate and leave me laughing my butt of and in a far better mood than when I started them. 

Once again Evanovich doesn't disappoint with the crazy hijinks and trouble Stephanie and Lula get themselves into or with the steamy tension between Stephanie and Ranger, not to mention the hot and cold on and off again relationship with Morelli. And have I even mentioned Grandma M yet? Goodness I love that woman and her craziness. 

This is just one of those feel good series I depend on when I have had a slew of bad reads or just want something I know I will love and will let me escape for a couple hours. 





*All thoughts and opinions are my own and were not influenced by the author or publisher. I was not compensated for this review.*



17 comments:

  1. I used to love these kinds of reads before my Paranormal addiction kicked-in, but after I finish reading for an upcoming bloggy even, a Stephanie Plum book might be just the thing. Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need these every now and then to break up some of the harder dystopians or even the contemporary. :)

      Delete
  2. Great review. I love books that make me laugh. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a fabulous series, I just love it. It makes me laugh every single time.

      Delete
  3. I read the first couple of books and they were awesome. I just lost track of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so easy to do that with all the great books and authors out there. ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh I really enjoy the series as well! It was the one that got me hooked on reading as an adult a few years back so it'll always have a spot in my reader heart :) I'm a total Ranger girl. Babe just kills me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I love the Babe, I like Cupcake too but there is just something about the Babe. ;)

      Delete
  5. My neighbor apparently loves this series coz she sold her collection last time she had a yard sale at only a quarter each! Of course I have to snag it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well this sounds like one I must read. She is a magnet to disaster which means that there will be a lot of humor! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the first couple in this series. They're not my normal fair with the content, but they are enjoyable and definitely hilarious!! I saw the movie too and cracked up again. Have you seen it? Have you read Metro Girl by her? That one is so crazy and hilarious! I think I laughed so much I about died. If you haven't read it yet and since you love this series, I'd definitely try that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely try that one, I bet I would love it too!

      Delete
  8. I'm at book 22? maybe lol the last one iin fact and I love the series even if it's still always the same. They're so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you are still loving it after all this time!

      Delete
  9. I love this series. You are right, they are not going to change the course of literature, but they are always funny and a good time read for me. I just love the characters.

    Great review!!

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete