Wednesday, July 30, 2014

WoW Pick of the Week



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.

Confession time, I first noticed this only because of the cover, it is gorgeous and the cover whore in me sometimes wins out more than not but, after reading the synopsis, I realized the more practical part of me wanted it as well so...here it is. My WoW pick of the week and of course one I am sure I will be adding to my TBR pile come December.

So what do you think, yay or nay on this one?





Release Date: December 9, 2014

Book Description:
Mysterious. Magnificent. Creepy. Welcome to Rockford Manor.

"There's something hidden in the Maze." Seventeen-year-old Imogen has never forgotten the last words her father said to her seven years ago, before the blazing fire that consumed him, her mother, and the gardens of her family's English country manor.

Haunted by her parents' deaths, Imogen moves to New York City with her new guardians. But when a letter arrives with the news of her cousin's untimely death, revealing that Imogen is now the only heir left to run the estate, she returns to England and warily accepts her role as duchess.

All is not as it seems at Rockford, and Imogen quickly learns that dark secrets lurk behind the mansion's aristocratic exterior, hinting that the spate of deaths in her family were no accident. And at the center of the mystery is Imogen herself--and Sebastian, the childhood friend she has secretly loved for years. Just what has Imogen walked into?


Combining a fresh twist on the classic REBECCA with a spine-tingling mystery and powerful romance, SUSPICION is an action-packed thrill ride.




*Amazon

31 comments:

  1. OMG Kindlemom, I WANT this now too what a fabulous cover it just draws you right into the book well me anyway ;)
    thanks for sharing
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I am not the only one that is hooked by the cover alone. ;)

      Delete
  2. I think I have this as an e-galley, it definitely sounds good! I need to get reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely intriguing! I like the non-traditional colors for the maze, and it has a slightly spooky feel that seems to fit in well with the plot. I'm actually a HUGE fan of REBECCA and hadn't seen this before, so thanks for the heads up. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know you already like her work!

      Delete
    2. Opps, I thought you meant the author not the retelling. Silly me!

      Delete
  4. This is so gorgeous and it sounds interesting! I've never seen it before today, but I absolutely know I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously stunning cover! I love a good mystery, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's a great cover, I didn't know this one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cover and the premise, but I hope it pans out, my last Rebecca retelling was a flop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know which one you are talking about Heidi and it was strange.

      Delete
  8. Ooh I love that cover! So gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do too. I bet in person it will be even better.

      Delete
  9. Oh this one is new to me, but I want it..I am loving the cover and the synopsis has me excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds interesting. Love the cover too. I hope you enjoy reading this one.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. THAT COVER: WOW. And from the synopsis, yay for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Glad you are interested too! :D

      Delete
  12. PRETTY cover. I'm a cover whore, too! I like that term.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the first time I've seen this and wow that is a stunning cover. I may not *always* judge the book by its cover but sometimes it's the main thing that drew me in. It has an interesting synopsis too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I really do try not to but a lot of the time a good cover can definitely draw you in.

      Delete
  14. Cannot wait for this one! Great pick ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds incredible! I love retellings, and I enjoyed Thorn Abbey (another retelling of Rebecca), so I'm excited to try this one. The maze on the cover is stunning, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am excited for it as well and the more I look at it the more I want to read it.

      Delete