Wednesday, July 16, 2014

WoW Pick of the Week



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.


This weeks pick is very different from my normal pick. This one is a little dark and a little sinister sounding but I think that is what I love about it, it isn't my normal pick and I can't help but be drawn in by that cover and synopsis.

Plus, I have been wanting to try this author for awhile now and I think this just might be a good place to start.




Book Description:

Clementine DeVore spent ten years trapped in a cellar, pinned down by willow roots, silenced and forgotten.

Now she’s out and determined to uncover who put her in that cellar and why. 


When Clementine was a child, dangerous and inexplicable things started happening in New South Bend. The townsfolk blamed the fiendish people out in the Willows and burned their homes to the ground. But magic kept Clementine alive, walled up in the cellar for ten years, until a boy named Fisher sets her free. Back in the world, Clementine sets out to discover what happened all those years ago. But the truth gets muddled in her dangerous attraction to Fisher, the politics of New South Bend, and the Hollow, a fickle and terrifying place that seems increasingly temperamental ever since Clementine reemerged.



37 comments:

  1. Oh I didn't know this one but I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. How awful. Trapped for ten years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one looks so creepy and good, I'll definitely be reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how fresh and unique this sounds! I'll be looking this up on Goodreads. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read The Replacement and it was creeptastic, so I'm looking forward to this one too. I hope you like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes yes yes yes yes Ali! I can't wait for this one either! Her books always have the best covers, and they're so creepy and interesting and I so look forward to seeing what she'll do with this story:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this DOES look a little dark and a little sinister. I haven't heard of this one yet. It looks great!

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does. I hope it is super creepy. It will be perfect for fall. ;)

      Delete
  9. OOh color me creepy and dark, right up my alley thanks Kindlemom

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sound of this one as well! I've never tried anything by the author either, but I think I'm going to start with this one. Also, that cover is so creepily awesome! :D
    Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover for this book. I've only read one title by Brenna Yovanoff before, but I liked the writing style, so I have high hopes here. Can't wait to try it soon! Great pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you have liked her other work, gives me hope this one will be great too.

      Delete
  12. Yes! I'm excited to check Fiendish as well. I want to try this author as well, and this sounds perfectly creepy in the best way possible. Great pick, Ali!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one looks super creepy but I love her writing! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, that cover!! You've definitely got me interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do need to try this author, and this one seems pretty good. LOVE the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read anything by this author before, but I already have this one on my tbr. I hope we both enjoy it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the title, I hope it's as good as the cover art & blurb.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My mouse hovered over the request button for this, but I didn't click. It does sound good though. I'll probably regret not getting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I did the same thing but I just didn't have the time to squeeze in another one. I figured I would just buy it instead. :P

      Delete
  19. Okay, this is the type of book I would buy just because the cover is so fantastic. Good thing the description sounds just as fantastic :). Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete