Monday, May 16, 2011

Latest Read-Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday



Title: Spying in High Heels (High Heels #1)
Author: Gemma Halliday
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Published by: Making It 

My Rating for this book: 4 Stars

Goodreads Description:

L.A. shoe designer Maddie Springer lives her life by three rules: Fashion. Fashion. Fashion. But when she stumbles upon the work of a brutal killer, her life takes an unexpected turn from Manolos to murder. And things only get worse when her boyfriend disappears -- along with $20 million in embezzled funds -- and her every move is suddenly under scrutiny by LAPD s sexiest cop. With the help of her post-menopausal bridezilla of a mother, a 300-pound psychic and one seriously oversexed best friend, Maddie finds herself stepping out of her stilettos and onto the trail of a murderer. But can she catch a killer before the killer catches up to her?

My Review:
I have heard this series be compared to the ever popular Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich and since I love crazy Stephanie and all of her hair brained schemes I had to give this series a try as well. I really did like Maddie's character, and yes, she is a lot like Stephanie, down to her talent of being in the wrong place at the wrong time to her tripping over nothing and attraction to a hot sexy detective ( in this case Jack Ramirez) from the local PD. 
I had some laugh out loud moments and a few awww moments as well. 
Although this wasn't quite as good as Ms. Evanovich's series I still think it holds lots of promise and plan on reading the next ones in the series. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good cute cozy mystery with a few good laughs and little (hint) of romance on the side.
 I give this book 4 Stars.




No comments:

Post a Comment