My Rating: 5 Stars!
The old campground in the mountains has a shrouded history wrapped in legend. Located by the mysterious mounds of a vanished people, it was once a popular summer destination for children, but closed long ago under tragic circumstances.
Josh and Allison Conner have moved out from the city, inspired to create a retreat for children in need, a place to build skills and character. They've brought their own children with them, and now they're hurrying to rebuild and update the old camp in time for their first opening day.
But something lurks in the wilderness around the old summer camp, something that strikes against the Conners' best efforts to revitalize it. They feel watched, then threatened, but after sinking their savings and their hopes into the place, they are unwilling to walk away.
Paranormal investigator Ellie Jordan must sort history from legend to determine what haunts the camp and how to fight it, before it inflicts more harm on the well-meaning family attempting to bring life back to the remote abandoned campground.
It is no secret I adore this series and even thirteen books in, it just keeps getting better and better.
So without further ado, my top five reasons you need to pick this series up and read it:
1. You will have a spooky good time.
2. The places! I love how even the houses and woods surrounding Bryan's stories seem to come alive and have a life of their own.
3. Ghosts! There is nothing like a great ghost story that will have you turning on the lights and looking behind you constantly.
4. Fabulous writing. It is so easy to get drawn into his stories. He makes everything come to life and pop right off the pages.
5. Realistic, lovable characters.
*All thoughts and opinions are my own and were not influenced by the author. I was not compensated for this review.*