Sunday, August 21, 2011

Blue is for Nightmares by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Title: Blue is for Nightmares (Blue is for Nightmares #1)
Author: Laurie Faria Stolarz
Published By: Llewellyn Publications (Nov.8, 2003)
Genre: YA
My Rating: 3 Stars


Goodreads Description:
"I Know Your Secret . . ."

Stacey's junior year at boarding school isn't easy. She's not the most popular girl at school, or the smartest, or the prettiest. She's got a crush on her best friend's boyfriend, and an even darker secret that threatens to ruin her friendships for good. And now she's having nightmares again. Not just any nightmares – these dreams are too real to ignore, like she did three years ago. The last time she ignored them, a little girl died. This time they're about Drea, her best friend who's become the target of one seriously psycho stalker. It started with weird e-mails and freaky phone calls. Now someone's leaving Drea white lilies – the same death lilies that have been showing up in Stacey's dreams. Everybody thinks it's just a twisted game . . . until another girl at school is brutally murdered. There are no witnesses. Worst of all, no one has a perfect alibi. With everyone as a potential suspect, Stacey turns to the one secret weapon she can trust – the folk magic taught to her by her grandmother. Will Stacey's magic be strong enough to expose the true killer, or will the killer make her darkest nightmares come true? 


My Review:
I liked this book, it was a fun read but it just didn't completely capture me like some of her other books have.
I did like the story line and the characters so I would be willing to try the next book in the series. I know that sometimes first books in series can be rough so I am hoping the series gets better as it goes.

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't really like a fan of the first book, but I really enjoyed the second book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am really hoping the next one is better. I really like her other series.

    ReplyDelete