Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery #2) by Barbra Annino

Title: Bloodstone
Author: Barbra Annino
Series: 2nd Book in the Stacy Justice Series
Published By: Dane House-Self Published (October 7, 2011)
Genre: Urban Fantasy
My Rating: 5 Solid Stars

Goodreads Description:
Book Two of the Stacy Justice Series has more magic, more mystery and more twists and turns than your average amusement park.

A long-lost sister
A missing mother
And murder

Stacy Justice finds herself caught in a web of deceit, betrayal and family secrets that run deeper than the Mississippi in this follow up to Annino's debut novel, OPAL FIRE.

Not only must the reluctant witch determine if the teenager on her doorstep is her sister--she's forced to confront her mother's disappearance--again. Add to that a dead guy in the kitchen and Stacy's at her witch's end. She's pretty sure the Blessed Book of her family's ancestry holds the key. Except she can't find it. And if the killer does--it may be over Stacy's dead body.

Is Ivy really her sister? Where is Stacy's mother? And what does the dead guy have to do with it all? Find out in Bloodstone.


My Review:
Can I just say for the record that I love this series? It has quickly become one of my favorite new series. It has a little bit of everything in it that I love to read about, witches, a mystery, a little romance, some witty fabulous one liners, a loveable goofy dog side kick, amazing characters. Really I could go on and on but what it comes down to is that this series is just amazing.

Barbra Annino is amazing. She is a very talented writer that has a way of pulling you into the story and into the characters lives and not only caring about them but falling in love with them.

You want to know them and you want to be them. You want to be a part of their world and join them in their adventures. 

Her characters are so real and funny that you just love to read about them. I love every single one of them, to the crazy aunts, the swoon worthy leading men (yes men!), to the adorable Thor, Stacy, Cin, heck even the bad guys are great. 

This book had me laughing out loud numerous times through out. 

It never had a dull moment or felt like it dragged in places and in fact it was really hard to put down. I had to make myself put it down so I could get some sleep, if I didn't' need to get up early in the morning to get my girls off to school I would have read this through the night and not regretted it at all. 

I really enjoyed the first book Opal Fire but this one was even better and although I really think you should read Opal Fire before picking this one up (you will love it too!) this one is my new favorite and will be hard to top but if anyone can do it I have faith that Barbra can!


I will be (not so) patiently be awaiting her next book and will grab it as soon as it is released her books are just that good.


So if you are looking for a fun new series that will have you laughing out loud, in love with the characters and just having a great time reading about all of Stacy's mishaps and adventures then this is a series you really need to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment