Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fracture by Megan Miranda

Title: Fracture
Author: Megan Miranda
Series: Stand Alone
Published By: Bloomsbury  Children's Books (Jan. 17, 2012)
Source: E-galley ARC Copy
Genre: YA
My Rating: 4 Stars out of 5


Goodreads Description:
Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine
-despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?
Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?
For fans of best-sellers like Before I Fall and If I Stay, this is a fascinating and heart-rending story about love and friendship and the fine line between life and death.


My Review:
After first reading the synopsis for this book I knew I wanted to read it. It sounded so unusual and interesting and just...different that I knew I had to check it out and see what it was all about.
Plus, come on, we all know I am a cover snob, yes I judge a book by its cover, and lets face it, this has a pretty great cover so that caught my interest as well.

I am so glad I did pick up this book because it was everything the synopsis promised it to be. It was different and interesting and kept you turning the pages.

I didn't really think this book was going to have such a feel of mystery to it but it did and I loved that about it.

I loved that I didn't know what to expect with each new chapter. That each page held something new and different for me to take in and ponder. I love that I didn't see what was coming and I could just read and enjoy the adventure.

I really enjoyed the storyline and Miranda's writing style. Everything just flowed together nicely and the story never felt rushed or made me wonder what in the world was going on. I think anyone that enjoys YA and a little mystery will really enjoy this read.

I am pretty sure we can except some great things to come from this new, very talented author.

No comments:

Post a Comment