Thursday, March 1, 2012

Indie Book of the Week: A Merman's Kiss by Laura Lond

This weeks indie book of the week is actually a short story called A Merman's Kiss by Laura Lond.

This story had a very fairy tale feel to it. In fact it read a lot like the fairy tales I grew up reading and loving as a child.

This was a pretty fast short read though so even though it was very well written it was hard to get a complete feel for the characters like you would in a novel.

The ending did have a somewhat abrupt feel to it but like I mentioned, it was well written and considering it was a short story it was handled nicely.

I would love to read a full length book from the author because I did really enjoy her writing style.

I think if you are looking for a fast, unique read about merpeople this would be a great book to read.

 

2 comments:

  1. I do love short stories, especially in a collection. I recently read one I love in a collection of short stories of different authors called "Enthralled." The story I loved was "Giovanni's Farewell" by Claudia Gray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anthologies too juliababyjen! I actually have Enthralled in my TBR pile, I am so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete