Friday, March 23, 2012

Indie Book of the Week; Revamped by Ada Adams

Once again this week I am super excited to bring you my choice of indie book of the week, Revamped (book one in the Angel Creek series) by Ada Adams.


Synopsis:
A simple mission turned deadly.

Nineteen-year-old vampire Dawn has led a sheltered life within the confines of her father’s presidential headquarters. Upon being sent on a mission to revamp four goofy misfits into guardians of a peaceful little town of Angel Creek, Dawn believes that all her dreams have finally come true. What starts off as a simple task, turns into something unexpected, changing Dawn’s life forever and leading the action-loving, thrill-seeking vampire teen on a path of mystery, danger and intrigue.

When a human girl is kidnapped by a group of rogue vamps, Dawn discovers that there is more going on in Angel Creek than meets the eye. And it all connects to Ethan, the cute newcomer who seems too perfect to be true, Sebastian, the mysterious vampire with a turbulent past, and even Dawn herself. Dawn must not only succeed in revamping the troubled recruits, but must also prevent the vampire race from being overtaken by a malevolent villain who has a strange and obsessive fascination with her. As threat escalates, romance blooms, and ghosts from her past begin to surface, Dawn is sure of only one thing: her life will never be the same.


 
After reading the synopsis on this book I was pretty excited to start it. It sounded right up my alley. Vampires, action, romance, conspiracies.

Yep, that has me written all over it. If I had any doubt after reading the synopsis that this was going to be the book for me, the cover alone would have lured me right in. It is gorgeous and begs for you to pick it up and give it a try.

This is not your typical YA vampire book. Not at all. This is something different and fresh and new. Completely original. No copycatting here going on.

Adam's has managed to create a fresh new look into the world of vampires with a heroine that knows how to kick butt and still have fun while doing it. All the while making the world she created feel very believable and real.

There were a great cast of characters in this story, all very loveable and different and quirky in their own way. The underlying mystery was excellent and kept me guessing and the slight romance to it kept me turning the pages wanting more.

Over all this promises to be a very fun series and I truly am looking forward to the next book and can't wait for more.

Adam's is a talented author and I know I will be watching to see what she comes up with next. She has a new fan in me and I can't wait to read more from her. I look forward to watching her work progress and grow and just keep getting better and better. 

I give this one 4.5 Stars. 


4 comments:

  1. You are certainly right about the cover, I want one of those necklaces. I would dive right in, but at the moment I am worn out on vampires. Still, with your wonderful review, I will add it to my TBR. Have a great weekend Ali, and hey the sun is out today, nealy blinded me. I haven't seen it in ahwile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do give it a try when you are ready for more vamps Heidi, it really is very different from the others out right now. I think you will like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for taking the time to read and review "ReVamped"!

    I truly appreciate your insightful thoughts about the book! :)

    Best wishes,
    Ada

    ReplyDelete