Wednesday, October 5, 2016

WoW Pick of the Week!



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.

The description for this mentions two authors I've really enjoyed so I'm hoping it will be just as good. And as much as that cover creeps me out (snakes! *shudders*) I can't help but like it too. 

So what do you think? Have you seen this one before?




Book Description:


A teenage assassin kills with a single kiss until she is ordered to kill the one boy she loves. This commercial YA fantasy is romantic and addictive like-- a poison kiss-- and will thrill fans of Sarah J. Maas and Victoria Aveyard.

Marinda has kissed dozens of boys. They all die afterward. It s a miserable life, but being a visha kanya a poison maiden is what she was created to do. Marinda serves the Raja by dispatching his enemies with only her lips as a weapon.

Until now, the men she was ordered to kiss have been strangers, enemies of the kingdom. Then she receives orders to kiss Deven, a boy she knows too well to be convinced he needs to die. She begins to question who she s really working for. And that is a thread that, once pulled, will unravel more than she can afford to lose.


This rich, surprising, and accessible debut is based in Indian folklore and delivers a story that will keep readers on the edge of their seats.







46 comments:

  1. I have seen this around and I'm intrigued. Funny enough I have an unfinished short novel with a deadly kiss situation but not in a fantasy setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Marinda has kissed dozens of boys. They all die afterward."

    I want THAT ability!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!!! I can't wait for this one Ali! What a terrible "gift" to have, I'm rooting for her already:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Looks away from the cover* I do not like snakes, but I really want to read this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't love snakes either, they creep me out!

      Delete
  5. I don't like snakes! This book sounds really interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it, Ali.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah, the cover is creepy but I love the premises!

      Delete
  6. A teenage assassin that kills with a single kiss? This sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hoping this one is more Maas than Aveyard. It definitely has me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too although I like both series but Maas is definitely a favorite. ;)

      Delete
  8. That cover is very pretty. Sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, yes! I wish this was out now - its perfect for cold weather, spooky reading. That cover just draws you in. I hope you grab this one up soon, Ali :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too Kim, I wish I could find an ARC somewhere.

      Delete
  10. Hmm... I am curious now. I like the sound of the Indian Folklore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do too, something different at the very least. ;)

      Delete
  11. You had me at Indian Folklore. I love it when we get mythology other than what we are used to getting. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do too and I love learning more about ones I don't know a lot about.

      Delete
  12. snakes also creep me out but this sounds really good. I haven't read from wither of the author's you like, but the plot could be promising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both authors are great so hopefully this will be as well. ;)

      Delete
  13. This sounds awesome and so unique; love that it's inspired by folklore!


    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I think that is what interests me the most.

      Delete
  14. That was my problem in HS...buhahahah! They didn't die just turned into dirtbags! Dang...I could have been so much more powerful with a poison kissss....KIDDING :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL oh my Becca, you are so funny, I love it!

      Delete
  15. Ooh interesting! I don't like snakes, but I can handle looking at them over spiders. haha

    -Lauren
    http://shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com/2016/10/hp-month-pretty-posh-weddings-discount.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh look at that cover! I hope you'll love this one, Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You had me at assasin. This was completely new to me. Thanks Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wow look at the creepy cover o.o

    ReplyDelete
  19. I actually haven’t seen this book before. But I mostly keep track of contemporary releases. I agree the cover is creepy. I’m intrigued by blurb, this sounds like something I would enjoy. Forbidden romance is my weakness. Added this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of mine as well. ;) Thanks so much for stopping by and checking it out!

      Delete
  20. Yes! This one sounds great and I love that freaky cover lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I don't like snakes, I like it at the same time because it seems fitting.

      Delete