Wednesday, October 19, 2016

WoW Pick of the Week!



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.


Sarah Fine has some of the most imaginative and fun reads out there. So unique and different and sometimes raw and gritty too. I loved the first book in this series so I'm excited that the second books release is right around the corner. The Impostor Queen lived up to all my expectations for it and I'm hoping this second installment will as well. 








Book Description:

Ansa has always been a fighter.

As a child, she fought the invaders who murdered her parents and snatched her as a raid prize. She fought for her place next to Thyra, the daughter of the Krigere Chieftain. She fought for her status as a warrior in her tribe: blood and victory are her way of life. But the day her Krigere cross the great lake and threaten the witch queen of the Kupari, everything changes.

Cursed by the queen with fire and ice, Ansa is forced to fight against an invisible enemy—the dark magic that has embedded itself deep in her bones. The more she seeks to hide it, the more dangerous it becomes. And with the Krigere numbers decimated and the tribe under threat from the traitorous brother of the dead Chieftain, Ansa is torn between her loyalty to the Krigere, her love for Thyra, and her own survival instincts.

With her world in chaos and each side wanting to claim her for their own, only one thing is certain: unless Ansa can control the terrible magic inside her, everything she’s fought for will be destroyed. 





45 comments:

  1. You and me both Ali! I'm a Sarah Fine fangirl through and through and will forever read everything she writes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick, Ali! Hopefully you won't have to wait too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Importer Queen is my first read with Fine and I really enjoyed it so I'm definitely excited about this! Another great cover as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you tried her and loved her! Hopefully we both like this.

      Delete
  4. Oh yes. I am definitely looking forward to reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful cover, and I love the set up. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is on my must read list. Oh yea, this looks so good! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, definitely pick her up, her Guards of the Shadowland and OF Rust and Metal are two of my favorites from her.

      Delete
  7. I haven't read her yet but I must admit this does sound good. Is it YA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one is but it doesn't feel very YA if that makes sense?

      Delete
  8. I hope you love this one too! I need to read this author ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I struck out with her adult book but I do want to give her YA series a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had better luck with her YA stuff as well.

      Delete
  10. Ooh The Cursed Queen sounds Fab!
    thanks Kindlemom

    ReplyDelete
  11. The description makes me think almost of a female Conan story. Sounds good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. She was just starting to get there in the last one so I really hope she will be in this one. ;)

      Delete
  13. This sounds like a book that I could enjoy
    Thanks for this recommendation
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really looking forward to reading this! I hope you'll enjoy it, Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a series I haven't heard of yet. It sounds good. I just cannot wrap my head around a series again right now ;). I have to finish the ones I have already started :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Becca, I have way too many I need to finish as well.

      Delete
  16. I'm sure this is going to be awesome! Happy weekend, Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like Sarah Fine, her books are so good and different. I really need to read The Impostor Queen because I haven't read that one yet.

    Nereyda│ Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do read it and love it as much as you have the others.

      Delete
  18. Nice cover!!! I hope the book lives up to your expectations!! Tori @ In Tori Lex

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you love this one! I still need to try one of her books. :D

    ReplyDelete