Monday, March 31, 2014

Take Control Of Your TBR Pile Challenge Wrap Up!


So I did it, I survived the challenge and I may even be better for it. I feel rejuvenated by reading all these books that I have been dying to read for so long and just haven't made the time for. In fact, like I mentioned in an earlier post, I plan on doing this more often, making time for those books I really need to. To say hello again to beloved characters I have missed and once again being immersed in new worlds that I have been dreaming about visiting. 

So a big THANK YOU to Kim at Caffeinated Book Reviews for hosting this super fun challenge. 

I will definitely be taking part in it every year, heck, every time, she plans on doing in. 

So what did I get complete? Along with the list I posted a week or so ago I was also able to get these other books read:

Boundless by Cynthia Hand
Renegade by Cambria Hebert
Witness in Death by J.D. Robb
Wallbanger by Alice Clayton (way funnier than I was expecting!)
Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano (although this released in March so not sure if it counts.)

Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick
Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg
The Future of Us by Jay Asher

Which means I got every single book on my original list completed and a few others as well. I was able to finish up a lotof series/trilogies on my list that have been waiting forever for me to read and finish that final book and get caught up on one series in particular that had been neglecting for way too long.

I think that brings my total up to 30 books read! I am so excited I was able to get so much accomplished (spring break helped!).

I really did have so much fun doing this and I am promising myself that I will try harder than before to get more books read from my TBR pile in the future. 

Thank you again Kim for giving me that extra boost and kick in the butt I needed to get all these wonderful books finally read!!

29 comments:

  1. Well done! 30 is a LOT of books. *pats on back*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There were a lot of late nights. ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow, great job! I missed this challenge but hopefully it will happen again so I can join in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too because I really would love to do it all over again. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! That's amazing! I need to join this challenge next time!
    Bethzaida @ Bookittyblog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to be productive Ali! That's awesome:) Can't wait to see what you thought of Nearly Gone and Better Off Friends. And who can forget Roarke? I stopped somewhere around book 12 or 13 in that series, so I have some serious catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay another In Death fan! I had no idea. I do love them. :)

      Delete
  5. Wahoo..you did awesome, and yes I host this every March. It really helps me focus on my pile and since it grows daily this really helps. I am so proud of how you surpassed your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on killing your challenge goals! 30 books in one month is INSANE! I'm jealous of your mad reading skills. Bring on April!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee thanks so much! I might have got carried away and missed a lot of sleep but it was worth it. :)

      Delete
  7. That's great that you did so well! I think I got 2 read. Totally did horrible! But two is better than none!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two is definitely better than none Candace. ;)

      Delete
  8. Woha you really rocked this challenge! :) I'm so happy to hear that I'll have to participate next year (only let's hope Kim will organize it during my spring break). Also I need to read Wallbanger soon as I need something funny :) Great post, Ali :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did awesome. I think I knocked out a dozen in between scheduled stuff. I am certainly enjoying going back and picking up on series I am behind on and I am continuing to implement it in my schedule, it makes me so much happier to read stuff I want to read. I am looking forward to reading some of your reviews on the books you read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi and I feel the same way, we really do need to make time for those just because reads.

      Delete
  10. That is AWESOME! Man, I wish I could read 30 of my TBR pile right now! It would just make me happy. I'm going to have to watch for future challenges! Good work

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay - I'm glad you read Wallbanger and Better Off Friends, I enjoyed both of those. You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay for surviving the challenge! wish I had the time to do this one myself, so many I want to get out of the way also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next year! We will make a pact and do it together. ;)

      Delete
  13. Wow congratulations, you kicked butt on this challenge! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!! Great job. I don't think I will ever get control of my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to say this put a dent in mine but more like a very small scratch. ;)

      Delete