Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday

It is that time again to post what I am most looking forward this year for releases. This week is all about the sweet with Jennifer E. Smith's latest release, The Geography of You and Me.

This meme is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. If you don't already know about it you should check it out. It is a fun opportunity to let others know what you are most excited about book wise. 



Book Description:
Lucy and Owen meet somewhere between the tenth and eleventh floors of a New York City apartment building, on an elevator rendered useless by a citywide blackout. After they're rescued, they spend a single night together, wandering the darkened streets and marveling at the rare appearance of stars above Manhattan. But once the power is restored, so is reality. Lucy soon moves to Edinburgh with her parents, while Owen heads out west with his father.

Lucy and Owen's relationship plays out across the globe as they stay in touch through postcards, occasional e-mails, and -- finally -- a reunion in the city where they first met.

A carefully charted map of a long-distance relationship, Jennifer E. Smith's new novel shows that the center of the world isn't necessarily a place. It can be a person, too.




Leave a comment and let me know what are you most looking forward to this week!

17 comments:

  1. I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews for this one Ali, but that almost always makes me want to read a book more just to find out what I'll think. I've enjoyed her other books, so I'm hoping that trend will continue with this one! Fabulous pick:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know me too but like you, I am really hoping I will still like this one.

      Delete
  2. I actually have book one..me..can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a decent read. Kind of slow for me, but it was okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a little sad there have been so many mixed reviews on this one.

      Delete
  4. I know I was itching to get this but then I read some not so great reviews and I am kind of glad I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I loved her first book, sad this one hasn't had as many good reviews.

      Delete
  5. Well, I'm not going to read any reviews for this, at least not negative ones. This sounds good and I want to determine for myself. I've had issues lately were I've been discouraged by negative reviews, but then end up loving the books. So I'm taking them with a grain of salt when it's a book that interests me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to do that as well Christy. It is hard to read negative reviews and then have a clear head before starting it.

      Delete
  6. I've seen mixed reviews on this one. I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So can you read it first and then review, so I can decide? hehehe! I have it on my TBR list, but I know if you like it I will as well. But like the others if there are mixed reviews I usually like to read it just because it causes more interest for me. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very good choice! I'm excited for this one myself and I just need to get my ARC read. :)

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to read your review on it once you do!

      Delete