Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday Pick of the Week!



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.

More than likely, this weeks pick you have seen around the blogsphere lately. It must be the amazing cover or the catchy synopsis or maybe never the author, either way, I know lots of us are eagerly awaiting this one.






Book Description:

From Victoria Scott, author of FIRE & FLOOD, comes a thrilling story of impossible odds. 

Ever since the Titans first appeared in her Detroit neighborhood, Astrid Sullivan’s world has revolved around the mechanical horses. She and her best friend have spent countless hours watching them and their jockeys practice on the track. It’s not just the thrill of the race. It’s the engineering of the horses and the way they’re programmed to seem so lifelike. The Titans are everything that fascinates Astrid, and nothing she’ll ever touch.

She hates them a little, too. Her dad lost everything betting on the Titans. And the races are a reminder of the gap between the rich jockeys who can afford the expensive machines to ride, and the working class friends and neighbors of Astrid’s who wager on them.

But when Astrid’s offered a chance to enter an early model Titan in this year’s derby, well, she decides to risk it all. Because for a girl from the wrong side of the tracks, it’s more than a chance at fame or money. Betting on herself is the only way she can see to hang on to everyone in the world she cares about. 





47 comments:

  1. Wow Ali, this sounds incredible. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this one around and LOVE the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to read this one because of the mechanical horses! The book sounds fabulous. I can't wait to read it myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this around the blogsphere a lot lately. It does sound really great, I can see why it's so many people's WoWs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pick. I'm waiting on this one too. I really need to read her other series, as it seems I'm the only one who hasn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read one of them, well started it so you aren't the only one that hasn't read them all. ;)

      Delete
  6. YESSSSSSSSS ALI!!!! I couldn't be more excited for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does sound good, I'm excited to see what people think of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I can't wait for the reviews to start coming in for it.

      Delete
  8. Mechanical Horses. That sounds cool! I am excited for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is actually the first I've seen that cover. It's so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES!! This one sounds amazing and I LOVE THAT COVER!
    Great pick!
    xo Stephanie @ In Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh sounds so good. I haven't heard of this one and now it is on my radar! Hope we both get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure this is going to be well written. Cool pick, Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo..this is new? Not part of another series..eep Yes, this looks quite good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have this on my tbr also, and I can't wait to read it. I hope we both enjoy it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. YESSSSS!! So excited for Victoria Scott's newest book!!! Titans sounds incredibly amazing. I've loved everything she's written, so I'm sure this one will not disappoint. Fantastic pick!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow this sounds like an exciting book
    To my TBR!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. First time seeing this but it does sound really good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks good! I still need to read Fire & Flood.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had never heard of this, but the mechanical horses sound fascinating. Thanks for introducing me to it!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this book looks and sounds majestic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow what an interesting premise-I take it that it's futuristic?I will look forward to reading your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This one is new to me. I love the cover and the blurb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do too, I hope the book lives up to them!

      Delete