Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Indie Book of the Week (a little early this week!); Reflections by Jessica Roberts

Once again I find myself with not enough time in the week to post all of the wonderful books and reviews I come across each day so this week I am shaking it up a little and posting my Indie Book of the Week a little early, well, actually this week I will be posting two books but more of that will come later in the week.

Today I just had to share this fabulous book that I literally just finished last night. The writing and storyline were just amazing and really did blow me away. In fact I had to stop and think a lot and process a lot before I could even finish my review of it, it was that good.

So without further ado, I give you Reflection by Jessica Roberts.


 Synopsis:
Bright, spunky Heather Robbins has escaped her small hometown and is anxiously beginning her freshman year of college. Rising above her rocky childhood, she’s found a place where good things are finally starting to happen: her own private apartment, refreshing college classes, and an intense attachment to a mysterious and rugged classmate, Nick Richards.

But when her dreamy college life turns out to be nothing more than a wonderful dream while resting in a coma, questions threaten.

Now, Heather must press forward to unlock the real past, and find the answers buried deep in her mind. What she unlocks instead is a roller coaster ride through flashbacks, embellished memories, and a whirlwind romance.

And when it’s all over and she comes face to face with the truth, will she lose everything she’s fallen in love with?


My Thoughts and Reviews:
 
This story had me completely mesmerized from the very first chapter.

It has such a unique flavor to it. It was so intriguing that I found myself being swept away into the story whether I wanted to be or not. I imagine the little boy Sebastian must have felt the very same way the first time he opened up The Never Ending Story.

After the first few pages he was captured by the story and it refused to let go. He was doomed to finish it and to become a part of it until the very end.

That is how I too found myself after falling into the clutches of this amazingly unique story.

I was completely swept away with the story, the emotions, the mystery, the love, the heartbreak. Goodness I don't even have words for it all.

Truly this was beautifully done. I found my heart pounding with anticipation in some moments and myself gasping in others. I think I had almost every emotion possible while reading this story and I am having a hard time pulling all my thoughts and emotions into words because I don't want to give anything away.

There is so much to say, so much left to think about.

This is a story that is going to stick with me for awhile.

I was completely enthralled with Heather's story and with Nick. Oh Nick.

Can I talk about the ending for a moment? It was a little cruel to leave me hanging like that, I honestly felt like crying that it was over and that I wasn't going to get more and then......well then I saw the sneak peak into the next book and....that was even worse! That ending, that ending was cruel. Very cruel Ms. Roberts.

So without giving anything else away I am just going to leave with these final words, if you want a story that will completely sweep you away and capture your attention and even your heart, one that is beautifully executed and will leave you breathless, this is the story for you.

This is a book that is a must read. If you do nothing else this summer but read this story, then you have had a great summer indeed. This is one you don't want to miss.

I am eagerly awaiting the next book. Well done Ms. Roberts, well done.

I give this one a very deserving 4.5 Stars!! 






4 comments:

  1. Love the cover, great review!!

    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ShadyLane!! I hope you give it a try too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the great review. I love this feature.
    It is hard to fit it all in sometimes, but bonus land for us, two indie reviews are better than one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still trying to find that perfect balance Steph but either way, as long as I am still having fun then there are no complaints from me. ;)

    ReplyDelete