Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Review: Timepiece by Myra McEntire

Title: Timepiece
Author: Myra McEntire
Series: Book Two in the Hourglass Series
Published By: Egmont (June 12, 2012)
 Source: ARC Provided By the Publisher
Genre: YA Paranormal
My Rating: 4 Stars

Goodreads Description:
 A threat from the past could destroy the future. And the clock is ticking...

Kaleb Ballard's relentless flirting is interrupted when Jack Landers, the man who tried to murder his father, timeslips in and attacks before disappearing just as quickly. But Kaleb has never before been able to see time travelers, unlike many of his friends associated with the mysterious Hourglass organization. Are Kaleb's powers expanding, or is something very wrong?

Then the Hourglass is issued an ultimatum. Either they find Jack and the research he's stolen on the time gene, or time will be altered with devastating results.

Now Kaleb, Emerson, Michael, and the other Hourglass recruits have no choice but to use their unusual powers to find Jack. But where do they even start? And when? And even if they succeed, it may not be enough...

The follow-up to Hourglass, Timepiece blends the paranormal, science fiction, mystery, and suspense genres into a nonstop thrill ride where every second counts.


My Review:
 
I really liked Kaleb from Hourglass, his sarcastic humor, his bad boy look and behavior. And of course the underlying caring loving guy that he showed us he could be with Emerson. So I was pretty excited to learn that not only would we be getting more of him but that this time, the whole book would be told from his POV.
I know fellow Kaleb lovers will agree with me when I saw that after reading this one, Kaleb was even more irresistible than he was in the first book.
I will admit, I love Michael but I have a soft spot for the bad boy so even though I knew Emerson needed to be with Michael I was secretly rooting for Kaleb too.

I was sad when he didn't get the girl and I knew it was going to be a little hard reading this one, with him being near Michael and Emerson...together and being able to read all that he still felt for Em.

So, needless to say when a certain someone in lets say a cat suit, came into his life, well, I had a smile on my face and was cheering them on the whole time. Can I just say I loved their banter and witty one liners?

And I love that Kaleb got some happiness because really, this book wasn't about happily ever afters. There is still a lot going on. Jack is as evil as ever but now there are even more players involved and the risks are higher and the consequences of the changed past are affecting the future more as each day and each incident passes.

This book was sooo good! And that ending? I can't believe she left us hanging like that! It is going to be a really long wait until the next book and I truly can not wait to see what McEntire has in store for us.

5 comments:

  1. I am hesitating on this series. The first book didn't receive rave reviews and it sounds like this author resorts to love triangles and cliffhangers...my least favorite. Glad you enjoyed it! I hope you come back to TMST! I miss your posts. We need some help thinking up new questions as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heidi! I miss TMST too!

    I am hoping soon I can post them more regularly!

    As for love triangles, there really isn't any in this book and not really in the first one too. There was an interest but not at the same time. Nothing bad like in some series at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read so many mixed reviews that I honestly don't know what to think. Like Heidi, I just can't decide, and like her, I have very little patience for love triangles and especially cliffhangers. Still, I might suddenly decide to read it eventually, sometimes I do that.
    Lovely review, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't read Hourglass. It is great that you can be connected with a character enough to feel for him like you have mentioned here. I will have to try to fit Hourglass into my reading schedule. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by Maja, I really hope you do try this series, there really isn't much of a love triangle at all.

    @Steph, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete