Saturday, November 9, 2013

Mini Review: Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover

Title: Finding Cinderella
Author: Colleen Hoover
Series: Companion Novel to the Hopeless Series
Published By: Atria Books (October 14, 2013)
Source: Purchased
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
My Rating: 4 Stars!

Book Description:
This novella is a companion novel to the Hopeless series, but can be read as a standalone. 

A chance encounter in the dark leads eighteen-year-old Daniel and the girl who stumbles across him to profess their love for each other. But this love comes with conditions: they agree it will only last one hour and it will only be make-believe.

When their hour is up and the girl rushes off like Cinderella, Daniel tries to convince himself that what happened between them only seemed perfect because they were pretending it was perfect. Moments like that with girls like her don’t happen outside of fairytales.

One year and one bad relationship later, his disbelief in insta-love is stripped away the day he meets Six: a girl with a strange name and an even stranger personality. Daniel soon realizes the way he pretended to feel about Cinderella and the way he really feels about Six may not be so different after all. Especially when the two loves of his life end up being one in the same.

Unfortunately for Daniel, finding Cinderella doesn’t guarantee their happily ever after…it only further threatens it.





My Thoughts and Review:
I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved this. It is my first book by Hoover and even though I know it is part of a series and something I wouldn't normally do (read them out of order), I wanted to start here first and I am so glad that I did. This really was the perfect dip into the world that she created. Into the characters lives. Even though this isn't a full length novel, it read and felt like one. The characters were all fleshed out and alive. 

I instantly loved them all, especially Daniel. His personality was..perfect. Just enough snark and humor to make him completely loveable while still showing his amazing heart and ability to love those around him. 


In fact, nothing about this read was bad. I loved it and it makes me want to dive right back into Sky, Daniel and Dean's world and just dig in and get lost for awhile. 






*All thoughts and opinions are my own and were not influenced by the author or publisher. I was not compensated for this review.*

10 comments:

  1. I still haven't read this series, but I've hear that it's even better than Slammed. I loved Slammed (well, first book, sequels were so-so for me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of her books, but this might be a good place to start, sort of dip my toes to see if I might enjoy her books. So glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review. I can't wait to start this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squee, I have this in my tbr pile and I am so glad it delivered for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I struggled over whether or not I was going to read this series, but I recently decided that I for sure am. I'm looking forward to read his novella too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kim, I know you will like it!

    Christy I know I want to read this series now for sure after reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have hopeless ! but because i bought it, i don't know when ill be diving into it. I do know that it's suppose to be really good. So I am glad you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. isn't it sad that sometimes those books that we actually buy are the ones that get put off?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy to hear you loved your first Colleen Hoover series book! I really love her writing, and I though I haven't gotten to this one yet, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete