Wednesday, November 5, 2014

WoW Pick of the Week



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.

It is no secret that I love Sarah's work, she just impresses me with all that she can do so of course when I saw her new series Of Metal and Wishes I had to read it and again, no surprise, I fell instantly in love with it.

So it is no wonder that I am on the edge of my seat awaiting the next installment. And look at that cover. Isn't it fabulous?



Release Date: August 4, 2015

Book Description:
War erupts in this bittersweet sequel to "Of Metal and Wishes", inspired by The Phantom of the Opera and called “relentlessly engrossing” by The Romantic Times.

In the year since the collapse of the slaughterhouse where Wen worked as her father’s medical assistant, she’s held all her secrets close. She works in the clinic at the weapons factory and sneaks away to nurse Bo, once the Ghost, now a boy determined to transform himself into a living machine. Their strange, fragile friendship soothes some of the ache of missing Melik, the strong-willed Noor who walked away from Wen all those months ago—but it can’t quell her fears for him.


The Noor are waging a rebellion in the west. When she overhears plans to crush Melik’s people with the powerful war machines created at the factory, Wen makes the painful decision to leave behind all she has known—including Bo—to warn them. But the farther she journeys into the warzone, the more confusing things become. A year of brutality seems to have changed Melik, and Wen has a decision to make about him and his people: How much is she willing to sacrifice to save them from complete annihilation?



I can't even tell you guys how excited I am for this!

So, have you tried Sarah's work? What about this series?

If you answered no to any of these questions, I am not sure we can be friends anymore.....

Just kidding.

Seriously though, what are you waiting for? Pick something of her's up, you won't be disappointed. She is mega talented and creative. 

37 comments:

  1. I have not here of this book before, great pick :D

    you can check my WOW here:
    http://cachereads.com/2014/11/05/waiting-on-wednesday-01/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a fabulous series, I hope you look into it more. :)

      Delete
  2. I so want to read this and feature it on my steampunk Sundays! I am kicking myself for missing the first book. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to read the first book Braine, it is fabulous!!

      Delete
  3. I didn't quite enjoy Of Metals and Wishes, but wouldn't mind reading this one. I'm hoping it will turn my opinion around. Teeehee. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still sad you didn't love it but maybe this one will win you over, you never know!

      Delete
  4. YESSSS! I want this book so much, Ali. I'm hoping it will go up on EW. I've loved everything that Sarah has written, except for Scan, but she is one of my favorite authors. Did you hear about her new YA fantasy coming out from S&S in 2016? I got all excited when I saw her announcement post. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look for it every day too Nick!!
      No I didn't! Gah I need to look for it.

      Delete
  5. Yessssssssssssssssssssss!!!! I can't wait for this one either Ali!!!! I just adored Of Metal and Wishes and need Wen's story to continue asap:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh didn't know this was a series! I haven't read any Sarah Fine books yet.. I need to fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, yes, yes! I'm desperate to get my hands on this! I really liked Of Metal and Wishes, I practically finished it in one sitting and I need to know what happens next as soon as possible! Hopefully it'll show up on Edelweiss soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. It does! Both covers so far have been gorgeous!

      Delete
  9. Oh yes, totally agree on this one. I adore Sarah Fine. I am super excited to read her adult book for January 2015/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Kindlemom, nothing like having to wait almost a year for this LOL
    Thanks for sharing it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. *wipes brow* Ok, I have time still to read book one. It is on my Christmas wishlist:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I know you will love it Kim, and yep, plenty (sadly) of time still. ;)

      Delete
  12. I remember reading your review for Of Metal and Wishes and seeing how much you enjoyed it. I definitely need to pick it up sooner rather than later :) Or maybe I'll wait until the sequel comes out so I can read them back to back. Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading back to back is always a good idea. :)

      Delete
  13. I've never read anything by this author, but I hope you enjoy reading this one!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I forbid you from ditching me as a friend. ;) But I seriously do need to read the first book. It sounds crazy in a very good way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pffft! As if you could get rid of me that easily.

      Delete
  15. I love the cover....another series that needs to be added to the TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh great pick o.o will need to look up book 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book one is Of Metal ad Wishes Lily and I can't recommend it enough!

      Delete
  18. I'm also really excited for this one! I hadn't seen the cover yet so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete