It is week two of the Fear the Reaper read-a-long with First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones and this week is hosted by Babbling About Books and Stuff!
And this weeks questions are:
1 - Shiny objects and old family stories are told in this chapter, including an old nickname for our dear Charley. What was the nickname her uncle Bob gave her when she was little? Do you have an old nickname from when you were a kid? You can share it, and if it's really embarrassing we won't mind. *wink*
1. Do you think if I share Charley's nickname with the world she might come after me? Hmm, she is a reaper after all. Maybe I shouldn't answer this one, I could hate to have Reyes come after me trying to protect her honor.
As for my nickname as a child, well it was peanut. I was the first granddaughter and I was pretty small when I was premature when I was born so therefore tiny. My grandpa named me peanut and it just stuck, at least until I was old enough to tell them to cut it out. :P
2 - In this chapter we met someone. A really special guy named Rocket. Now, my memory is not what it used to be, and I just can't remember what makes him so special. Can you tell me what makes this particular ghost unique among all the others? And how about you? What can you do that makes you special? Anything? Jump on one foot for a really long time counts. *giggle*
2. Charley isn't quite sure how far Rocket's abilities go but she is pretty sure that before he was committed to an asylum and electro shocked until he was pretty much crazy that he too use to be a reaper. Now as a ghost he can remember all the names of those that have died and how and when they died. He keeps a record of all the name on the walls of the asylum where he died.
As for me, I have always been told I have a great memory for detail. I see and remember things most people don't. Well, at least I use to as a child. Now as an adult I still like to observe but my time is more spent chasing after my kids and all that being a mom entails so I don't think I am as observant as I once was.
3 - Charley is really *cough* not your ordinary girl. She does something that, well, there's no way around it. She named parts of her body and the names are... oh crap, I forgot. Just my luck. *sigh* But I'm sure you guys can say what part of her body she named and what the names were. And, since we are on the matter, have you ever named a part of your body? If so, what was it and what was the name? Come on, don't
be shy. *wink+crooked smile*
3. LOL! Danger and Will Robbinson are the names of her breasts! Her ovaries are Beam Me Up and Scotty! Pretty hilarious!
And to answer your question, no I have never named a body part. I pretty much just call my breasts "the girls" :P
4 - We all have our little secrets. Things we don't tell anyone, not even our bff. Char (we became close :P ) is no different, but in this chapter she shared her little (big) secret (S) with her bff. What did you think about her reaction? What would be yours?
4. I loved Cookie's reaction to Charley's secret. I think I just love Cookie. She is the kind of friend we all hope we have, loving and supportive and knows us well. I would hope I would have done the same thing as her in a situation like that.
5 - In this chapter, Char continues her heart-to-heart with her BFF and comes up with some theories about our fave badboy/possibly ghost. What do you think of it? Can it be? What do you think about him? Hot? Double chocolate hot? Super duper caramel chocolate cake with a cherry on top hot?
5. Reyes is definitely super duper caramel chocolate cake with a cherry on top HOT!
I think her theories are fun and since I have read the whole book I won't say anything more because I don't want to give anything away, other than if you haven't read this series, please do, it is fantastic!
I can't wait for next weeks questions!! Please stop by again next Thursday and check them out! :)
Awww... you were a peanut :DReplyDelete
Haha, yeah, I think I'd have a hard time referring to my body parts with names.
I can't wait for more Reyes! I'm reading the book week by week. Torture!
Aw... Peanut! so cute!ReplyDelete
I loved Charlie's humor in naming.
Ah... Reyes. Need I say more? :)
Well, it looks like we have something in common, good memories! Love Peanut, so sweet. Yes, Reyes is yummy! I am so glad you are loving this series! Thanks for participating!ReplyDelete
My brother-in-law is still called Peanut and he's 49 :)ReplyDelete
I cannot wait to learn more about Reyes. xDReplyDelete
With your observational skills, I bet you could've been an awesome detective! I guess your kids would have a hard time getting things by you when they get older, huh? :)ReplyDelete