Saturday, December 29, 2012

Review: Blood Moon by Alyxandra Harvey

Title: Blood Moon
Author: Alyxandra harvey
Series: Book Five in the Drake Chronicles
Published By: Walker Children's (June 19, 2012)
Genre: YA Paranormal
My Rating: 4 Stars!

Book Description:
 When the vampire tribes convene for the rare Blood Moon ceremonies, Solange’s fight with her feral nature, a mysterious stranger, family secrets and forbidden magic put all of the Drakes in danger.

My Review:  
Oh my, what can I say about this one?

I couldn't wait to read this after the last one ended. The cliffhanger was pretty brutal and left me on the edge of my seat.

Unfortunately even though I love this series, I just didn't find the time to read it until now, even though I got this one the day it released.

I am so glad I finally was able to make time for it. As always, Harvey delivered and came through for me with yet another action packed exciting read that again, left me on the edge of my seat and wanting more.

I was a little cautious going into this one, I won't lie. With the way the last one ended and with Solange acting all vampy, well, to put it mildly, I wasn't too sure I would even like her anymore after reading this one and I really really wanted to like her still. I love all the Drakes and their yumminess (Okay so that isn't a real word, tough, I'm using it).

But let's not get to Solange just yet, first let's talk about Lucy. I adore Lucy. She is such a great character, so head strong and quirky and yes, a smart a&$ but I love her for it. She is one feisty girl that can hang with vamps and not only see them for the kindness some of them have but still be strong enough to kick their butts when they are being bad and hunt them down if their killers. Yep, she is pretty kick butt.

Nicholas, oh how I love thee more each book. Yep, we get not only Lucy's POV in this one but Nicholas' too (and Solange, but again, I will discuss her later). I love all the Drake brothers, I really do but Nicholas is just awesome. He and Quinn are my favorites so I was super excited to see him play a big role in this one. He really is just sweet and kick butt and I love reading about him and Lucy and getting to really see how much he loves her and his family.

I guess I can't avoid it any longer I have to talk about Solange since she is a big part of this book, but, where to begin?

So much happens to her and with her that I don't even know what to say without giving anything away except maybe this, she isn't our Solange anymore and for good reason. I just hope that by the next book she and a certain other Drake will be okay again because if not, it would seriously break my heart.

Constantine. I really really hope he gets what is coming to him and I sincerely hope that we learn more about him. I know he plays a part in this all. He helped Viola I just know it and I hope we find out why.

This is such a fun series. I can't wait to read the last book. I know it will be a bitter sweet journey.

3 comments:

  1. I got this when it released as well and haven't read it yet either. I have grabbed it and put it on my reading table but then felt like I needed to read something else first. I'm glad this doesn't disappoint. Hopefully I can read it very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe..your comments about Nicholas have me adding this series to my wish list..great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I am not familiar with this series, but it sounds really good. It is nice to have the second book available when you finish the first, especially when it was a cliffhanger, so that will be even better.

    ReplyDelete