Wednesday, March 11, 2015

WoW Pick of the Week!



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.

This weeks choice is a series (and author) that took me by surprise. I am not a gamer, like at all, nor do I normally go the sci fi-ish route when it comes to reads and yet, this author totally pulled it off on both accounts.

This is the last book in the trilogy and I couldn't be more excited for it!



Release Date: June 9, 2015 (Katherine Tegen Books)

Book Description:
A thrilling action/suspense novel for fans of The Fifth Wave about contemporary teens pulled in and out of an alternate reality where battling aliens is more than a game—it's life and death.

Miki’s life is falling apart around her. Her dad and best friend are lying in the hospital. The Game is glitching, making missions more frequent and more deadly. And someone close to her is waiting for the right moment to betray her. 

Miki feels like she’s hanging on by a thread and the only thing keeping her tethered is Jackson’s hand in hers. Yet telling him how much she needs him, how much she loves him, feels like the biggest challenge of all. And if Miki really wants the missions to end for everyone, she’ll have to let go and be ready to fight when the walls between the Game and reality come crashing down. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned, it’s that she’s got a whole lot left to lose.


Crash is the pulse-pounding conclusion to the Game trilogy fans won’t want to miss.



33 comments:

  1. I didn't know about this one but I'll keep an eye on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would really love this trilogy Deliah!

      Delete
  2. I've had my eye on this series and I can't wait to see what you think of the epic last book! Hope you get your hands on it soon, Ali :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO MANY SERIES I HAVENT' STARTED YET ALI!!!! I'm excited to give these a go, I'm really hoping this last book is the best yet as I've heard good things about the other two:) Plus, those covers are gorgeous, I want them on my shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this series yet, but I hope this installment lives up to your expectations! This sounds like a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow, I completely managed to miss this series. And what a shame that is, since it sounds exactly like the sort of thing I would enjoy. Thanks for pointing me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I have not heard of that series but it sounds awesome! I loved The 5th Wave so I love the comparison. Adding this one to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ali, this sounds really good. I read a great one like this by J Barton Mitchell so I think I may give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh it's the last one?! I have had fun with this series so I can't wait to see how it all ends for Miki. Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it is! I know what you mean, I am excited about it as well. :)

      Delete
  9. I am a fan of the Fifth Wave, and the synopsis sounds interesting. I will have to check this series out. I'm not a gamer either, but I have read several books with video game elements and have enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the 5th Wave yet but I really want to now with all the references. I hope you do try this Natalie and end up really liking it! :D

      Delete
  10. I'm not at all a gamer either and didn't really think this series would be for me but maybe I need to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it because I thought the same thing!

      Delete
  11. I'm not familiar with this series. I don't normally read sci-fi either. I hope you enjoy reading this one. Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why can't I recall the first two books? The cover looks familiar, and readign the synopsis, I like the sound of aliens and life or death video games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Push was the second one and then Rush was the first one. The covers are all similar. ;)

      Delete
  13. Oooh, nice cover! I know about this series, but never tried it. Not really into YA sci-fi, you know? Regardless, hope this one's a good conclusion for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not either to be honest but I love this series!

      Delete
  14. Is this the trilogy that starts with Push? I think I have this one my wishlist. Gah so many books so little time

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm ready for the conclusion, to be honest. I'm with Miki on this one.

    ReplyDelete