Wednesday, September 9, 2015

WoW Pick of the Week



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.


I really loved Kemmerer's Elemental Series so when I saw that she had a new book coming out, I just knew it would be something I needed to read. That synopsis completely drew me in as well. 






Book Description:
On his own

Thomas Bellweather hasn’t been in town long. Just long enough for his newlywed mother to be murdered, and for his new stepdad’s cop colleagues to decide Thomas is the primary suspect.

Not that there’s any evidence. But before Thomas got to Garretts Mill there had just been one other murder in twenty years. 

The only person who believes him is Charlotte Rooker, little sister to three cops and, with her soft hands and sweet curves, straight-up dangerous to Thomas. Her best friend was the other murder vic. And she’d like a couple answers.

Answers that could get them both killed, and reveal a truth Thomas would die to keep hidden… 







So what do you think? Sound like something you might like as well?

48 comments:

  1. Ooo a little murder and small-town setting..yep this sounds like a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think so too Kim! :D And thanks for the help with my crazy posting style today. ;)

      Delete
  2. Small town setting...mystery & suspense? Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a pretty good mystery, with a touch of romance included, which never hurts :) Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting! I definitely like that it has some mystery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do too. I'm hoping it will be a good one!

      Delete
  5. I was wondering what Brigid would write next and I'm very optimistic about this! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is an awesome pick, so going onto my tbr pile

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. It does. Keeping my fingers crossed it's a good one!

      Delete
  8. I've never read anything by this author before, but this sounds really good! I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a great author, you should try something of her's. ;)

      Delete
  9. Totally sounds intriguing!! Love the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sigh, I really miss those Merrick brothers! I'm definitely interested in seeing what Brigid does next.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I like mysteries. This one does sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How intriguing! This does sound like something I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "before Thomas got to Garretts Mill there had just been one other murder in twenty years."

    A defense attorney would have field day with that logic. lol. I still haven't read her other series, but this seems interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was my wow some weeks back. I hope this is good one, as it will be my first by her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Murder and Romance - this sounds good to me, Ali! Plus, that cover right?
    Hope you get to read it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh a nice one, first time I hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, thank you so much for reminding me about Kemmerer's book!! Like you, I'm a huge fan of her Elementals series!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  18. YUP! I'm totally looking forward to this one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks like a great thriller, Ill def check it out and added it to my TBR list

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want to read this book based on the premise alone, but I am not a fan of the cover D: The premise screams mystery! suspense! conspiracy theories! but that cover screams... romance o.o I'll still check it out though, while hoping the cover would change between now and its release date ;)

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you're right, it doesn't exactly scream mystery does it? :P

      Delete
  21. Replies
    1. Glad you like the sound of it and thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  22. This one sounds really good, definitely one I will be keeping an eye out for. Have intense cover love for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like a good read, although I am not familiar with this author:) Hope you like it when you try it :)

    ReplyDelete