Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Review: Spider's Revenge by Jennifer Estep

Title: Spider's Revenge
Author: Jennifer Estep
Series: Book Five in the Elemental Assassin Series
Published By: Pocket Books (September 27, 2011)
Source: Purchased
Genre: Urban Fantasy
My Rating: 4 Stars!


Book Description:
Old habits die hard. And I plan on mur­der­ing some­one before the night is through.

Killing used to be my reg­u­lar gig, after all. Gin Blanco, aka the Spi­der, assassin-for-hire. And I was very good at it. Now, I’m ready to make the one hit that truly mat­ters: Mab Mon­roe, the dan­ger­ous Fire ele­men­tal who mur­dered my fam­ily when I was thir­teen. 

Oh, I don’t think the mis­sion will be easy, but turns out it’s a bit more prob­lem­atic than expected. The bitch knows I’m com­ing for her. So now I’m up against the army of lethal bounty hunters she hired to track me down. She also put a price on my baby sister’s head. Keep­ing Bria safe is my first pri­or­ity. Tak­ing Mab out is a close sec­ond. 


Good thing I’ve got my pow­er­ful Stone and Ice magic — and my irre­sistible lover Owen Grayson — to watch my back. This bat­tle has been years in the mak­ing, and there’s a chance I won’t sur­vive. But if I’m going down, then Mab’s com­ing with me...no mat­ter what I have to do to make that happen.










I already knew I liked this series but I think after this fifth installment, it is safe to say that I completely love it now.

Without giving too many spoilers away for the book nor the series I would like to say that the closeness this tight group of friends has, truly is what makes this series so great. These bunch of friends turned family are just so memorable and lovable that it is hard not to get wrapped up in them at all times. They are the type of people that everyone wants by their side and I truly couldn't love them more than if they were very much real and very much my own.

And trust me, things were amped up in this installment. The friends, the battles, the feelings, the danger, all of it. It was hard not to forget about everything else I had to do that day and not want to spend every single minute reading instead. 

I loved every minute of this and can truly say without a doubt, this is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I just love all the characters and Estep's writing so much and can't wait for more.








40 comments:

  1. This series is one of my favorites too. I'm completely caught up with the series and it still isn't predictable, which I love. Great review.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love that too and that is so good to know!

      Delete
  2. Wohoo for another great UF series! I've been meaning to try this author's adult series, but I haven't had the chance. Too many books that I NEED to get to! Ahhh!
    Lovely review, Ali! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I probably should have waiting on starting it but I couldn't help myself. ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear the book lives up to the intriguing blurb. It seriously roped me in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a series that is definitely full of action. ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm waiting to collect at least the first 6 books before I start this series. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have them all, now I'm just trying to play catch up. ;)

      Delete
  5. I should ditch Chicagoland Vampires and start this series..you have me craving these characters and world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I actually read the first, two or three of those and loved them but liked this series better.

      Delete
  6. So I've been wanting to start this series for awhile as a new UF especially since my two favorites (CV and The Others) are ending next year! Probably would be a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a great time and there are like 14 or something books out so you have a lot to read!

      Delete
  7. I love the soind of this series! Your review has me interested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how strangers become friends, and then close friends, and then FAMILY. That's something that everyone can relate to because, WHO THE HECK doesn't want a close-knit family like that? Or someone they can go to and took to about whatever and WHENEVER?

    Great review, love! <3 XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. This series sound so good. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and checking it out!

      Delete
  10. So glad this is a series you love!! Always hard when they get past the first couple. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is but I'm happy with where it is headed now for sure.

      Delete
  11. Ahhh, I love a series that just keeps getting better as it goes! I definitely need to add this to the list. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and checking it out! It really is a fun UF.

      Delete
  12. This is my favorite installment in the series followed by another Blanco-Monroe confrontation. The next few books are episodic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo interesting! Now I need to pick up the next book and see what happens. ;)

      Delete
  13. hahah, you must have like 300 favorites ;) You're so easy to please, I wish I were like you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might be true, in a lot of cases. :P

      Delete
  14. Everybody seems to be loving Jennifer Estep lately! And I'm the poor schmuck who has read one. Yep. ONE book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, she has a lot of them so it can be overwhelming sometimes.

      Delete
  15. arrghh I know I know I need to read book 2!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh! Ugh, Ali, Ugh! I still have not managed to read book one! I need more hours! You and Melissa are killing me with this series. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. This might be the one I'm on. It sounds about right by the description. Hopefully I can listen to it soon. So glad to hear it was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are reading/listening to them as well!

      Delete
  18. Yet another series I need to check out!! I'm so glad you love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yet another read I need to try. I don't have enough of me to read all of these books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? So hard picking and choosing when there are so many great ones out there!

      Delete
  20. Was this not what we were all waiting for!!!?? So good. Happy you love this series.

    ReplyDelete