Wednesday, May 4, 2016

WoW Pick of the Week!



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.


I really enjoyed the first book in this new series and I'm hoping like heck the second will be just as good. This was also on my most anticipated list of releases this summer so you've probably seen it before but I couldn't help it, I had to post about it again. :P 






Book Description:

The paranormal war that engulfed New Orleans seven years ago is over. But the battle for the city is just beginning . . . 

Claire Connolly is a Sensitive, infected with magic when the Veil that divides humanity from the world beyond fell. Magic can easily consume and destroy a Sensitive, and if Claire’s secret is discovered she’ll be locked into the walled district of Devil’s Isle along with every other Paranormal left in the city.

Bounty hunter Liam Quinn discovered Claire’s secret, but refused to turn her in. Together they saved New Orleans from the resurgence of magic that nearly destroyed it. But now a dangerous cult is on the rise, and it will take both Claire and Liam—and magical allies within Devil’s Isle’s towering walls—to defeat the occult threat before magic corrupts them both...




43 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this, Ali. I wished for it on NG but still nada. D: I hope I get it because I need more Liam!!
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are taking requests now so go request it!

      Delete
  2. Oh I hope you'll enjoy this one, Ali. I know you're a fan of the first book and the author, for that matter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I think I'll start this series because her other one is just too long for me to catch up on right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of feel like that right now as well. ;)

      Delete
  4. YES ALI!!! More Claire and Liam please:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the summary for this one. So much at stake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read this author before. I hope you're able to get ahold of this book soon!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, can't wait for this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm yet another new to me author ;-) Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! She is actually an adult UF writer and her romances are always great so you might like her writing. ;)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. The first book was so much fun. I can't wait to dive into this one!

      Delete
  10. YES! I loved the first book and I love Chloe Neill so I definitely pre-ordered this one!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. This doesn't sound like my type of read, Ali, but I hope you enjoy it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read any of this author's books, but they look good. I hope you love this one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks, I just got it today so what a coincidence LOL!

      Delete
  14. Oh yes, I liked this the series starter (my first Chloe Neill) and so want to know more about this world (New Orleans with a UF twist)! I hope you grab it up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, it's finally available for request on Netgalley!

      Delete
  15. I've always wanted to read a book set in New Orleans. The city is rich with culture, so reading about that setting would be amazing! I really need to check this book out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOLA is one of my most favorite settings for books, especially anything paranormal related. ;)

      Delete
  16. Yep, I can't wait to dive into this baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally got my copy yesterday and I came so close to starting it. ;P

      Delete
  17. I have the arc and you my dear are quoted in it. Did I tell you that already? Ah well, it is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did but thank you so much for telling me or I would have missed it. I rarely pay attention to the quotes in ARCs for some reason so it was so neat to see it there!

      Delete
  18. I haven't read this author yet, but I do want to someday. I hope this read is as good as the first for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna, I really hope so as well and she is definitely one to try, either this series or her vamp one. ;)

      Delete