Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week I am super excited about this book. There has been so much hype about it around the blogsphere that I can't help but be excited. I am just really really hoping this is one book that lives up to all the hype.

And come on now, that cover is gorgeous is it not?



Book Description:
Winning what you want may cost you everything you love As a general’s daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions. One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction. Arin’s eyes seem to defy everything and everyone. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him—with unexpected consequences. It’s not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin. But he, too, has a secret, and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for a fellow human is much higher than she ever could have imagined. Set in a richly imagined new world, The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski is a story of deadly games where everything is at stake, and the gamble is whether you will keep your head or lose your heart.



What do you think? Is this one you are looking forward to as well or is all the hype making you leery?

22 comments:

  1. I LOVED THIS ONE ALI! All the hype and the unending praise did make me really nervous to pick it up, but I was quickly sucked in and couldn't put it down without finding out what was going to happen:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to hear that because I really am excited about this one. :)

      Delete
  2. Funny that I reviewed this today! I hope you love it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah I wish I could send it to you D: I have not read it yet, but I hope to in the upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! It comes out soon enough, I just need to be patient! ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm dying to read this one!! DYING. It sounds too good to be true and everyone loves it. Great pick, Ali :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I feel the same way Tanja, I hope it doesn't end up being a huge let down.

      Delete
  5. I am itching to get this one, I have read some many glowing reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I am really nervous about starting it!

      Delete
  6. I am beyond excited for this one too. I have been tweeting quotes from this book all week and everytime I tweet one, I get a little more excited to read it.

    Great Pick!

    My WoW Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! This book has had such rave reviews, and I can't wait for my copy. The world-building and romance sound perfect in this one. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is to hoping it lives up to all the hype!

      Delete
  8. Yes, yes, yes ... I only recently got excited to read this after I read Sam's review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was also SO worried about the hype, but it did not disappoint! I really loved this, and I've already re-read it. Can't wait to hear what you think of it Ali!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your review today and all I can say is, YAY! So happy it is living up to all the 5 star reviews.

      Delete
  10. Great pick. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete