Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Review: Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop

Title: Vision in Silver
Author: Anne Bishop
Series: Book Three in The Others Series
Published By: Penguin (March 3, 2015)
Source: Purchased
Genre: Adult Dystopain/Fantasy
My Rating: 5 Stars!


Book Description:
The Others freed the  cassandra sangue  to protect the blood prophets from exploitation, not realizing their actions would have dire consequences. Now the fragile seers are in greater danger than ever before—both from their own weaknesses and from those who seek to control their divinations for wicked purposes. In desperate need of answers, Simon Wolfgard, a shape-shifter leader among the Others, has no choice but to enlist blood prophet Meg Corbyn’s help, regardless of the risks she faces by aiding him.

Meg is still deep in the throes of her addiction to the euphoria she feels when she cuts and speaks prophecy. She knows each slice of her blade tempts death. But Others and humans alike need answers, and her visions may be Simon’s only hope of ending the conflict.

For the shadows of war are deepening across the Atlantik, and the prejudice of a fanatic faction is threatening to bring the battle right to Meg and Simon’s doorstep…








It didn't take me long to fall in love with Simon, Sam, Henry, Tess, Vlad, Meg and okay, a ton more people that I won't name because the list is long. Because of that list though, this series truly is one of a kind.

So many different people, creatures, beings, in short, The Others, to love that it makes it so much fun, so interesting, and entertaining to read that before you know it, you are completely hooked. 

In fact a four hundred plus page book, goes by in the blink of an eye because you become so absorbed in it, it really is that good and that well written.

If I had to sum up this series is just a few adjectives these would be them, captivating, entertaining, original, fun, and unforgettable. I'm sure there are more that I could use but in short, those words are why I will continue to read this series and come back to it each time a new book comes out. There is just something about it that holds your interest and makes you think about it constantly, whether reading it or not.

The type that you hope gets picked up for a movie or tv series because you don't want it to end and you want to see all those beloved characters come to life so you can watch them and read about them because either way, you just can't get enough of them.





63 comments:

  1. Dang blast it. I've still not even read book one. Love when I can get lost in a book like that and it just flies by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, I still haven't started this series... :( And the funny thing is I'm sure I would love it - so many people have recommended it in the warmest of terms... Oh, well. Someday soon, hopefully. Really good review, Ali, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love this series. I think the crows are my favorite. Their fascination with The Meg and the shiny just crack me up. I've been stalking my audiobook publisher for the next book for review. ;-)

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun, they all are really which is what makes it such a fascinating series.

      Delete
  4. I've seen this reviewed around the blogesphere Kindlemom and everyone seems to love it. Looks like my pile just got bigger :)
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you are very selective with your 5 star reviews, so this is very encouraging. I need to get through these edits so I can tackle my tar pile for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just excited you are doing edits Tyler! Yay! I can't wait for your next book either. ;)

      Delete
  6. I just started reading the first book with Jenny and I'm really liking it, Ali. I'm loving all those characters you mentioned as well but I'm also really fascinated by the concept and world building.
    I can't wait to read more! I'm really glad that this series is going so well for you. I hope the rest will be just as amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you are buddy reading this Nick, I think that is perfect and that you are liking it. It is a lot of world building but it's fascinating too. ;)

      Delete
  7. Great review! You make this series sound so fabulous. I definitely have to read it sometime. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this on NetGalley but havent gotten to book yet one. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tori, hopefully you can get to them soon.

      Delete
  9. Nick and I are reading Written in Red right now Ali and I'm LOVING it! I can't believe it took me so long to get to this series, I adore Simon and Meg already and I'm only a few chapters in. I can't wait to binge read this entire series:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing a happy dance over here! So glad you are both loving it. It really is different and so much fun. It doesn't take long at all to plow through them!

      Delete
  10. This series has been on my tbr for some time, but I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet. I really need to do that! Glad you're still loving it!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  11. oH WOW, this sounds so cool! I need a new Urban Fantasy book. I've been wandering aimlessly searching for one and I'm definitely going to give this a try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah. So glad you love this series as much as I do. The audios are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm just gonna have to cave and buy the first book. Do you know I'm still on hold at my library?! There are still 9 people in front of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! That is the crappy thing about libraries (the only really) is waiting!

      Delete
  14. Oh so glad this series is awesome. It is on my TBR. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another one that I need to read. At this point, I'm just going to wait until the last book is out and then do a binge read.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope to listen to this third book soon. I love this series on audio. So glad you loved this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone keeps saying that, I really am going to need to at least try to listen to it one day.

      Delete
  17. So glad to hear you enjoyed this one! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  18. "In fact a four hundred plus page book, goes by in the blink of an eye because you become so absorbed in it, it really is that good and that well written."

    So true! I run the risk of pulling an all nighter every time I pick up a book from this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I make sure and start them all early or I lose way too much sleep!

      Delete
  19. Completely agree and totally love this series! ♥ Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I may have to pick these up again. Everyone loves them! Maybe I was having an off day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do take a bit to get into but once you do they are fabulous. I can see how they wouldn't be for everyone though. ;)

      Delete
  21. Man, oh man..these books sound great! I think the cover are interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been a HUGE fan of Anne Bishop's, and this new series just made me a bigger one. I'm glad you enjoyed it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read her other books for sure. So happy you are already a fan!

      Delete
  23. I'm so glad this series once again thrilled you, Ali! I hope to get to it one day as I've only heard amazing things about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. If 400 pages go by in a flash, that's a good sign. I always wanted to try this series.

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh yes yes yes this series is just so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Okay, I just picked up the first book in this series and I'm making it a priority to read it. So glad that you've been loving the whole series!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you love it too Nicole, it really is worth the time.

      Delete
  27. YES...I adore this series and every time someone else loves it I howl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the howl LOL! I love that she does that. ;)

      Delete
  28. This series always sounds so fantastic! I really need to start it. I think I even own the first book already.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wheeeeeeeeee! I need to read this still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read it, it is so good and the fourth one is as well. For some reason, I thought you had read this already?

      Delete
  30. I'm a really big fan of Anne Bishop's books she has a way with creating such fascinating worlds
    this series is the first one I read by her and I fell in love from the first few pages and I plan to reread them before the 4th one comes out cause I miss it so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This series really is wonderful and so original in so many ways.

      Delete
  31. Okay, you've convinced me, I have to read these books already! I love strong characters! I actually own one of Bishop's older books, but I read that it was a bit of a downer. (A different series) I'm glad they're making more books into TV shows. I hope one day they make this one for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love this one Molly! I can't wait to see what you think about it.

      Delete
  32. I finished listening to this one about ten days ago. Yesterday I finished the fourth one, Marked in FLesh. Now I just will have to count the days to the last one. In the middle of a huge book hangover here. These books are just the best! So glad you love them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are and I'm so glad you loved them all. I can't wait for the next either. It will be a long wait sadly.

      Delete