Wednesday, February 3, 2016

WoW Pick of the Week!



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.

I can't even tell you how excited I am that this series is still going and book four is being released. I love this series so much and the author has been through a lot in the past couple of years and I really am thrilled she choose to write again. I'm so dang happy about it and again, this is one of my most anticipated reads of 2016. *does a happy dance* Can't wait!

If you haven't picked this series up yet, run and grab it. I don't think you will be disappointed with it in the least.




Book Description:

My name is Amelia Gray. I'm the Graveyard Queen.


Restoring lost and abandoned cemeteries is my profession, but I'm starting to believe that my true calling is deciphering the riddles of the dead. Legend has it that Kroll Cemetery is a puzzle no one has ever been able to solve. 
For over half a century, the answer has remained hidden within the strange headstone inscriptions and intricate engravings. Because uncovering the mystery of that tiny, remote graveyard may come at a terrible price.



Years after their mass death, Ezra Kroll's disciples lie unquiet, their tormented souls trapped within the walls of Kroll Cemetery, waiting to be released by someone strong and clever enough to solve the puzzle. For whatever reason, I'm being summoned to that graveyard by both the living and the dead. Every lead I follow, every clue I unravel brings me closer to an unlikely killer and to a destiny that will threaten my sanity and a future with my love, John Devlin. 











47 comments:

  1. This sounds really spooky yet quite exciting. Quite a find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Ali! You need to stop making me add all these series to my TBR!
    That's really great that she has gotten back to writing after a couple of rough years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is and I know there are a lot of us looking forward to this. You should definitely try it. ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear the author went through something bad, but I'm glad to hear she came back and continued the series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought this series is finished, happy there's a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never had a definitely ending so I'm so glad she decided to continue writing it.

      Delete
  5. I'm not sure if I've ever heard of this series. You have my interest piqued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much fun and perfect for when you want a scary read that isn't too scary.

      Delete
  6. Ooh, let me know how this goes! I'm already spooked, just from the description.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo this isn't my typical read Ali but it sounds so good! And creepy. I'll need to read with the lights on and a bag of chocolate nearby I think:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be creepy but it isn't gory which is nice. ;) You might need the lights on though and yes, chocolate is always a must isn't it? :P

      Delete
  8. YES! I'm so excited, Ali!!! I've been stalking the author's page trying to find out for the actual release date for the past couple of years. I'm so thrilled I get to dive back into the creepy, gothic cemeteries with Amelia and Devlin again. I requested this one from NG but haven't heard anything yet. *Fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm very intrigued! I've never heard of this series before so I'm going to go stalk it on Goodreads now and hopefully find a copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly hope you do, it is so much fun and I think this is book four so not a lot to catch up on either which is nice.

      Delete
  10. I've heard so many good things about this series! I should make sure the first is on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I've heard of this series before. I'm glad the author is back to writing, and I hope you enjoy reading this book.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so anxious to start this one. It is coming up very soon on my schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Heidi. I've been putting it off trying to wait but I might just start it anyway this weekend I'm so excited!

      Delete
  13. Is it weird that I love historic cemeteries? This one sounds oddly beautiful and unique!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No because I totally do too and is one of the reasons I want to go to NOLA!

      Delete
  14. I love this series so hard as well. I cannot wait to dive into this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Kindlemom, this looks really interested and I'm so glad for you and the author that she's taken up the pen again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This book sounds really good, I can see why you are so excited to read it. Thanks for spotlighting it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't think I know this series. It sounds seriously awesome though! Thanks for putting it on my radar.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  18. Should really continue with this series. Stuck at book #1. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yesssssss! I'm so looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have this and cannot wait to crack it open!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've not tried her. Love how excited you are about it :D That's such an awesome feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this series, and forgot about it until I saw this on NG! I can't wait to get back to Amanda Stevens. She writes such great Southern Gothic books and this series is and old favorite of mine. I hope you enjoy it as well, Ali :)

      Delete
    2. She so does Kim and I'm exited for it too. Yay for you being another fan I had no idea!

      Delete
  22. Love the site never heard of this book but will def. check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The post had me at, "I'm the Graveyard Queen." Yikes! Sounds ominous. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much fun, you should definitely try the first book. ;)

      Delete