Wednesday, February 24, 2016

WoW Pick of the Week!



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.


I adore this series and I can't wait for the next installment and the best part is that even though this is book ten, yes TEN, it is still as good as the first one was.



Book Description:

Grim Reaper Charley Davidson is back in the tenth installment of Darynda Jones' New York Times bestselling paranormal series.

Part-time PI and full-time grim reaper, Charley Davidson has asked a lot of questions throughout her life: Why can I see dead people? Who is the hot supernatural entity following me? How do I get gum out of my sister's hair before she wakes up? But, "How do I trap not one god, but three?" was never among them. Until now. And since those gods are on earth to kill her daughter, she has little choice but to track them down, trap them, and cast them from this dimension.

But one of them stole her heart a very long time ago. Can a god of absolute death and destruction change his omniscient spots, or will his allegiance lie with his brothers?

Those are just some of the questions Charley must answer, and quick. Add to that a homeless girl on the run for her life, a man who's been framed for murdering a woman who is still very much alive, and a pendant made from god glass that has the entire supernatural world in an uproar, Charley has her hands full. If she can manage to take care of the whole world-destroying-gods thing, we're saved. If not, well...










38 comments:

  1. Woo book 10!! I hope it will be just as amazing as the rest of the series, Ali! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for a new Charley book too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always excited for a new Charley and Reyes. ;)

      Delete
  3. Between this cover and Down with the Shine you have an alcohol-themed blog today Ali! Love it:) I need to get caught up on this series, I feel like the only person who isn't up to date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that is so funny and something I didn't even notice! Ha! I don't even drink. :P

      Delete
  4. It is amazing that a series this deep is still so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesss! I'm all call up now, so I can definitely fangirl with you guys now. I binge read the heck out of this series, but I just have to get my reviews up. I freaking cried reading book 8, but the 9th book eased my pain somewhat. So excited for this!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh Kindlemom this is the series I've promised myself to read this year, thanks for the heads up for number 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do hope that you do Debbie, it is so fantastic. ;)

      Delete
  7. The series that keeps on giving (gifts) in a good way

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to know that the series is still good! I hope you love this one as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still have not picked up this series but I've heard it's amazing!!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't read any of this series. I hope you enjoy reading this book!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely need to pick this author up soon!! I hear so many great things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do, the romance is amazing as are all the mysteries and friendships too. ;)

      Delete
  12. I haven't gotten to 9 yet but I agree... GIMMIE! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it. I love all the secondary characters so much more after reading book nine.

      Delete
  13. The fact that the series is still good is a feat in itself. Hope you love this one just as much as the others!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Word, yo. Charley and her gang could never be boring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I FINALLY got the first one in this series - I need to get going. It's great that ten books in and it's still really loved and well-written.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Still have only read the first one, but I bought the next two-I just need to read them already!

    ReplyDelete
  17. *hangs head* One day I'll read book one. I really will. ;)

    ReplyDelete