Thursday, June 25, 2015

Review: Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

Title: Isla and the Happily Ever After
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Series: Book Three in Anna and the French Kiss Trilogy
Published By: Dulton (August 14, 2014)
Source: Purchased
Genre: YA Contemporary
My Rating: 4 Stars!


Book Description:
Love ignites in the City That Never Sleeps, but can it last? 

Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to confront the challenges every young couple must face, including family drama, uncertainty about their college futures, and the very real possibility of being apart. 

Featuring cameos from fan-favorites Anna, Étienne, Lola, and Cricket, this sweet and sexy story of true love—set against the stunning backdrops of New York City, Paris, and Barcelona—is a swoonworthy conclusion to Stephanie Perkins’s beloved series.








It seems I have been waiting to read this book for, well, for forever now. In truth it probably hasn't been as long as it seems but when you fall in love with an author's writing abilities, you really do want to devour everything they have ever written and waiting for something new can be tough, excruciating even. 

I already loved Josh from Anna and the French Kiss so it was no surprise that I loved him from the moment this story began. There is just something so very lovable about a brilliant artist with a heart of gold. One willing to do things for those he loves without thinking twice about it. 

It has taken me forever to get this review written mostly because I didn't know how to express everything I felt while reading this. I found all the things I loved in the first book and then things I didn't even know I wanted in this.

I love that once again we get to see France. I didn’t' even realize how much I missed that setting until we were once again on the streets of Paris and hanging out at all the old stops of Anna and Etienne. That  we got to ssay goodbye to them all in one last final hoorah before it was all over.

But most of all, I love how Perkins can get me completely swept away in the endearing and heartfelt emotions of her work. In the smile inducing sweetness of her romances. 

This was another winner by Perkins and a close second to my love for the first book, which, I admit, didn't think was going to be possible. I can't wait to see what else this amazing author has in store for us.






39 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on this one. I really loved it and was happy we were back in Paris. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another series (trilogy) that I haven't started. The books that you read seem to always appeal to me, and I haven't read so many of them. Thank you for reviewing Isla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I can introduce you to something new at the very least. :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't read this one yet even though I loved book 1 and 2. TBH, I started it when I saw it at the library but Isla bothered me as a character. I'm so glad you loved it though and that we get to see France again.
    Beautiful review, Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I still haven't read this Ali! I was desperate for it for so long, and then it just took what felt like forever to come out and then I got distracted by other things. Must make time for it! Love that it's back in France too, I missed that with Lola:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did too and I did the same thing Jenny. I kind of forgot about it, glad I finally did read it though, it was worth it. :)

      Delete
  5. I don't think Perkins can lose in my book. I've loved all her books, except this one but that's because I haven't read it yet. I'm ready to fall in love with this love. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely read it then, I'm sure it will be another winner for you.

      Delete
  6. I really loved this one too! A friend of mine didn't really like it, and kind of disliked Josh, but I really enjoyed his character. :)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was different than the others and Anna is still my favorite but I did like it, in fact more than Lola for some reason.

      Delete
  7. Wow Ali I loved your review on this, I know exactly how you feel when words escape how you really feel about a novel. I love the settings too, maybe this is my kind of leap into YA :)
    Thanks
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay you loved it~ Josh and Isla were really cute, Paris was beautiful and that ending was SO SWEET :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love stories set in Paris are the best! This sounds so sweet I can't wait to try it myself :) The fact that you loved it is the best recommendation <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this was my second favorite behind Anna. I loved this one. I can't wait for more Perkins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was mine as well Heidi! I do hope she writes more soon.

      Delete
  11. I actually didn't remember Josh from Anna (it had been too long since I'd read it), but that didn't stop me from loving him in this one!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go back and "remember" him LOL! Glad you liked this as well!

      Delete
  12. So happy to see you were swept away, and the setting sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't tried a book in this series but I really should, I heard great things about all of them. I'm glad you had a good time with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one is definitely the best one. ;)

      Delete
  14. I loved Josh from Anna and the French Kiss, too! I'll have to read this soon. Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved the setting in PARIS :) Unfortunately, the first two books in the series didn't work out for me, maybe Isla is better? You sure enjoyed it a lot :) <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the first more so maybe this wouldn't be for you if you didn't like it at all.

      Delete
  16. I've had this book on my TBR for months too! I don't typically read contemporary romance though, but I do hope, if the occasion should rise, that I get to Isla and the Happily Ever After. Your review made it all the more appealing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never been to Paris but I love books that have a Paris setting. It's just like I imagine it in my head :) Great review Ali :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I need to get to this one. I put it on my list ages ago after the cover and title caught my eye (a friend has a grandbabe named Isla). Glad to hear they're excellent reads!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy to hear that you enjoyed this one. I have only read Anna so far, which I really enjoyed, but I own all three of the books and so I definitely need to hurry up and get to the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely read the others and I hope you like them!

      Delete